It's a Saturday in early June and live major sports haven't happened in like nine years. That means it's the perfect time to rank Redskins jerseys.
There's a twist to this set of rankings, though — the threads you're about to see don't even exist. Trippy, right?
While Ron Rivera is changing just about everything about his new franchise, it sure seems like Washington's uniforms aren't getting any sort of update. But that hasn't stopped tons of Twitter users from coming up with some very interesting mock-ups.
So, here's a list of some of the more notable ones that are out there, starting with the worst and working up to the sweetest.
What, you have something better to do this weekend than check out hypothetical unis? Course you don't. Get to scrolling...
6) Here, the Burgundy and Gold becomes the Gold and Gray/Grey (why does such a boring color have multiple spellings?):
No thanks. Analysis over. Moving on.
5) OK, so the look above is really the only heinous one. The rest, starting with this white-on-white proposal, are all varying levels of fresh:
The white facemask in this mock-up is a subtle yet excellent idea, because white facemasks always work. The simple number with no trim is nice, too.
The problem here, though, is that Dwayne Haskins appears like he's taking snaps for USC and not the Redskins. This is a solid concept, yet one that still needs some adjustments to make it top-notch.
4) The selling point for No. 4 is that it brings back the beloved spear, then puts the beloved spear on a matte helmet:
You want ones like this also or just new player mock ups? pic.twitter.com/aCxKxJscSA— RiseNFallPod (@RiseNFallPod) June 5, 2020
The rest is fine, but the helmet on its own is a 24/10.
3) This ensemble delivers, as it gives off some serious Capitals-at-the-2015-Winter-Classic vibes:
Some fans seemed to get upset over the inclusion of some Cowboys-like stars (nothing like getting mad over something that isn't real!), but overall, this is sharp, even though it's not that complex.
2) Bruce Allen was never pro-Color Rush (or pro-winning games), so the Redskins never got close to wearing gold jerseys. If they ever did in the future, however, hopefully they'd be as gorgeous as these:
The DC flag on the shoulders is dope and, yep, so is the white facemask. Unfortunately, this creation just barely lost out to the winner of this theoretical list.
1) Here's a uniform that would feel totally new and throwback at the same time:
That helmet? Beautiful. The grey facemask? Nailed it. The gold on the shoulders? Uh-huh. The white numbers with no outline? Yes please.
In all, this is a perfect design, and one that would make every contest more pleasurable to watch. Even the ones that end with mostly visiting fans having a party at FedEx Field.
MORE REDSKINS NEWS: