The Washington Capitals' 2018 Stanley Cup championship parade was as entertaining as it was beautiful.
The perfect backdrop for a championship parade with the perfect weather and the perfect team to celebrate with.
The entire day was filled with the splendors of civic pride, culminating in a boisterous rally on the National Mall.
While the scenes from the parade were great, the player speeches were even better.
For the first time in franchise history, the Capitals got to address their fans as Stanley Cup champions.
And in case you missed it, the speeches were incredible. Here are the best quotes.
5. Barry Trotz: "We're gonna do it again."
Naturally, the head coach of the team is going to say this. But it's been a long time coming for Trotz, who spoke with sincerity and emotion.
4. TJ Oshie: "Back-to-back! Back-to-back!"
There's only one NHL team that can go back-to-back this season, and that team is the Washington Capitals.
3. Tom Wilson: "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but we brought the cup home!"
Cliches are cliches for a reason, and this one makes perfect sense to use here, especially with a little twist at the end.
2. Evgeny Kuznetsov: "Lets f— this s—!"
This speech started off so nice. It was genuine. Kuzy acknowledged that the Capitals wouldn't be Stanley Cup champions without their fans, family and parents and then seemingly ran out of words. What do you do when you run out of words in front of about 100,000 people? Curse into the mic of course!
WEDNESDAY MOOD. 😤 pic.twitter.com/BEb20M8jgH— NBC Sports Capitals (@NBCSCapitals) June 13, 2018
1. Alex Ovechkin: "We not gonna be f—ing suck this year!"
He's been waiting all year to say it. He added an f-bomb to it this time, for extra emphasis perhaps, but it was the perfect moment that captured both the frustration of not winning the cup for his whole career with the pure joy of finally getting the job done. The only thing that would have made the moment better would have been if he could have dropkicked the podium while he hoisted the Stanley Cup over his head.
Wouldn't be a parade without a legendary Ovechkin moment 😂 pic.twitter.com/XLkng78lE6— NBC Sports Capitals (@NBCSCapitals) June 12, 2018
MORE PARADE COVERAGE:
- Chaos: D.C. celebrates the Stanley Cup with one heck of a party
- An American Hero: Oshie chugs beer through shirt (again)
- Not Gonna Suck: Ovi's famous speech
- Best of the Best: Every moment of the parade
- Staying put?: Trotz keeps hinting at a return to Washington