Seattle Seahawks

Quick Links

Report: Video evidence of alleged witness tampering in robbery by current Seahawk and former Washington CB Quinton Dunbar

Report: Video evidence of alleged witness tampering in robbery by current Seahawk and former Washington CB Quinton Dunbar

Victims of an alleged armed robbery by former Washington cornerback Quinton Dunbar and Giants cornerback DeAndre Baker were paid off to change their testimony to law enforcement, according to a Broward County, Fla. search warrant obtained by the New York Daily News

The search warrant reveals video footage and Instagram messages that indicate a witness, Dominic Johnson, oversaw the payment of the victims after the May 13 crime. The exchange happened outside of the office of Dunbar's attorney Michael Grieco. 

Grieco, who originally slammed the police department for their handling of the investigation, is one of the individuals who was identified in the video. He appeared to be directly involved in the payoff of the victims. 

RELATED: DUNBAR FILES MOTION TO HOPEFULLY ATTEND SEAHAWKS CAMP

Both Dunbar and Baker were accused of the robbery at a barbeque in Miramar, Fla. Police reports say that they allegedly held individuals at gunpoint while stealing cash and luxury watches worth upwards of $50,000.  

The victims gave the police sworn statements that corroborate the evidence obtained. The Daily News says the four victims were paid a combined $55,000, more than the quantified amount in the original robbery.

A statement says one of the four victims was directed "that he didn’t see what he thought he saw” during the day of the alleged crime. Another says he was forced to move out of his apartment in fear of his safety.

The warrant quotes the following message from Johnson as reported in the Daily News:

“We all heading to the lawyer now to get the charges dropped I got them [explective] to sign the papers,” Johnson allegedly wrote. “Got them same [explective] that said they got robbed to say they didn’t … Same [explective] that got robbed I made them fix that sh-t.”

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE REDSKINS TALK PODCAST

Dunbar and Baker both turned themselves over to the authorities in the days following the incident. They were later released on bond. 

On Friday morning, Dunbar requested a motion to be able to attend the Seattle Seahawks training camp. He is currently facing four counts of armed robbery to which he pled not guilty. 

Earlier this offseason Dunbar was traded to Seattle from Washington. The 27-year-old spent his previous five seasons all with the football team in D.C.

Stay connected with the Redskins in the MyTeams app. Click here to download for comprehensive coverage of your teams.

MORE REDSKINS NEWS:

Quick Links

Report: Quinton Dunbar files motion to court in hopes of being at Seahawks training camp

Report: Quinton Dunbar files motion to court in hopes of being at Seahawks training camp

Former Washington and current Seattle Seahawks cornerback Quinton Dunbar has filed a motion in the Florida court system, requesting to be allowed to leave the state in order to attend training camp in Seattle, TMZ Sports first reported.

The cornerback is currently awaiting a final verdict in relation to an arrest in May in Florida in which he was charged with four counts of armed robbery with a firearm. Giants cornerback DeAndre Baker is facing those charges as well as four counts of aggravated assault.

After being charged, Dunbar turned himself into the police days later and then was released on a $100,000 bond. Dunbar and his lawyers have remained adamant that the NFL defensive back is innocent.

Dunbar played five seasons in Washington and showed signs of being a shutdown cornerback at times. However, he also dealt with a fair share of injuries that limited his ability to perform. A combination of wanting a new contract in the offseason and frustration with the new personnel in charge of the Washington football team ultimately led to Dunbar being traded to the Seahawks.

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE REDSKINS TALK PODCAST

Before ever playing a snap for his new team, Dunbar has found himself in a bad situation. He has issued an apology to the team and fans and hopes to eliminate distractions in the future.

While a verdict for Dunbar's motion has not yet been given, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport is reporting that Dunbar will be allowed to be with the team when training camp begins at the end of July. DeAndre Baker was already granted access to the Giants.

Stay connected with the Redskins in the MyTeams app. Click here to download for comprehensive coverage of your teams.

MORE REDSKINS NEWS:

In The Loop: Chargers release sneak peek of SoFi Stadium, P.K. Subban's insane save

In The Loop: Chargers release sneak peek of SoFi Stadium, P.K. Subban's insane save

First up in our look around the sports world, NHL players are back on the ice with their teammates and P.K. Subban is out here giving Alex Nylander a run for his money, check out this jaw-dropping save at practice.

Next up, the Los Angeles Chargers posted this video to Instagram giving fans a better look at the new SoFi Stadium in the process of being built. The drone footage shows video of the tailgating area for fans that will be called Hollywood Park.

View this post on Instagram

best in the 🌍

A post shared by Los Angeles Chargers (@chargers) on

Finally, as we’re inching closer and closer to the start of the NFL season and Seahawks QB Russell Wilson and receiver D.K. Metcalf are starting to look like they will be a HUGE problem for opponents this year.

View this post on Instagram

ELEVATE.

A post shared by Russell Wilson (@dangerusswilson) on