John Wall and Josh Norman are among the names that will be a part of the All-Star Legends & Celebrity Game this Sunday at Nationals Park.
The six-inning softball event will feature celebrities from TV, movies, music and more, plus MLB legends as well.
Here's the full list of celebrities scheduled to appear:
Jamie Foxx, Ashley Greene, Dascha Polanco, Taylor Kinney, Jessica Mendoza, Christopher Jackson, Bill Nye, Skai Jackson, Jennie Finch, Brandon Larracuente, Josh Norman, John Wall, Quincy Brown, Scott Rogowsky, and Mike “The Miz” Mizanin.
MLB Legends Scheduled to Appear:
Torii Hunter, Tim Raines, Bernie Williams, Cliff Floyd, Steve Finley, Andre Dawson, and Carlos Peña.
MORE ALL-STAR GAME NEWS:
Monumental Sports & Entertainment announced an overhauled in-game entertainment experience for the 2018-19 Wizards and Capitals seasons on Wednesday.
These changes include a new DJ stage, new permanent 3D on ice/on court projection system, along with new Wizards and Capitals entertainment squads, as Capital One Arena undergoes $40 million in renovations.
“We are committed to putting on the best show possible for every fan who comes to a game at Capital One Arena,” said MSE President of Business Operations Jim Van Stone. “So, as we upgrade the facilities at the Arena this summer, we are also upgrading all of our in-game entertainment to keep the experience fresh and on the cutting edge.”
“We’re excited about these new changes to our game entertainment experience,” said Hunter Lochmann, MSE Senior Vice President of Marketing. “We work hard to create the best, most engaging entertainment experience in professional sports and we hope fans love this new, revamped energy.”
Some of the other improvement announced were:
- Digital signage experience throughout the fully-renovated concourses that will pull fans into an exclusively all-Wizards or all-Capitals team experience each night highlighting player and team imagery on each concourse
- Sponsored quadrants in the Arena where fans will experience concourse takeovers and can expect special offers and giveaways from sponsors
- Olympia ice resurfacer bus: groups of fans will be able to take pre-game and intermission rides
- Award-winning, chef-inspired dining experience featuring options from premiere chefs David Chang, Cat Cora and Alex McCoy
- A transformed and modernized PwC Club offering some of the best sightlines in the Arena and new 100-level lounge, both featuring top-of-the-line comfort seating and exclusive food and beverage options so fans can gather in style during the games
- A new in-bowl broadcasting platform for NBC Sports Washington
MORE CAPS NEWS:
Carmelo Anthony and the Thunder are another step closer to their imminent divorce.
According to ESPN, Oklahoma City has given Anthony permission to meet with teams, which includes the Houston Rockets and the Miami Heat.
The meetings with Miami and Houston have apparently already happened at the site of the NBA Summer League over the past few days.
The Rockets dynamic would be interesting. Houston was very interested in trading for Melo before this past season, before the Knicks eventually sent him to Oklahoma City. Anthony's former coach, Mike D'Antoni was reportedly at this recent meeting, presumably to help ease any questions or tension after their up-and-down relationship while D'Antoni was coaching in New York with Melo.
Obviously, if D'Antoni and Houston think he can help them beat the Warriors, they're willing to forget what went wrong the first time around.
If Anthony were to end up in Miami, it would add a scoring punch to a team that finished sixth in the Eastern Conference last year.
According to the report, the Thunder are working on trades where Anthony would be moved as an expiring contract and be waived, becoming a free agent once his $27.9 million salary clears waivers.
Oklahoma City apparently already has Anthony's permission to waive his no-trade clause.
MORE NBA NEWS: