JP Finlay went to Mobile, Ala., to cover the Senior Bowl for CSN. Below is an edited list of notes, observations and conversations with scouts and coaches from Day 1 watching some of the country's best college seniors work out for NFL coaches and scouts.
- O.J. Howard - Alabama TE - This dude is a beast/ sick one-handed catch/ not a need or fit for Skins w Reed but will be a playmaker on next level for sure
- Alex Anzalone - Florida LB - Dealt w a lot of injuries at Florida but if he can stay healthy definitely can help NFL defense / good lateral quicks, scrapes off blocks side to side/ good size for inside backer @ 6'3
- Duke Riley - LSU LB - Another SEC linebacker that seemed to get to the ball/ want to watch more
- Josh Dobbs - Tennesee QB - Not a good day for the Tennessee QB / looked real inaccurate
- Zay Jones - East Carolina WR - Not known for crazy speed, but seemed lightning quick / Impressive hands and YAC ability, though tough without seeing full speed / 6'2 good size for WR / want to see him go up and get balls / seems like a sleeper
- Ben Gedeon - Michigan LB - Hard nosed, seems to be going faster than others at the spot / Instinctive / Not a playmaker but could be a strong special teamer
- Chris Wormley - Michigan DL - Huge / great line from a scout 'his calfs are the size of goal posts' / prob a 1st rounder, needs to play mean
Want more Redskins? Check out @JPFinlayCSN for live updates or click here for the #RedskinsTalk Podcast on iTunes, here for Google Play or press play below. Don't forget to subscribe!