JP Finlay went to Mobile, Ala., to cover the Senior Bowl for CSN. Below is an edited list of notes, observations, and conversations with scouts and coaches from Day 1 watching some of the country's best college seniors work out for NFL coaches and scouts.
- Rasul Douglas - WVU CB - Big, physical corner. Impressive in person but tough to get a great read with bad quarterback play. A scout told me he overcame tough circumstances as a kid. He is maybe my favorite prospect.
- Desmond King - Iowa CB - made two nice picks in 7v7 goal line drills but, again, quarterback play was super suspect. He's a small corner, needs to rely on positioning.
- Obi Melifonwu - UConn Safety - Big guy with good range. Had a scout say they love his size and potential but he's a "different dude."
- Terrell Basham - Ohio DE - Top-level straight ahead speed but lacks moves, polish.
- Isaac Rochell - Notre Dame DL - impressed in 1v1s, but got lost in the shuffle in 11v11.
- Dalvin Tomlinson - Alabama DL - Fan favorite in Mobile who was gracious with a shocking amount of autograph requests and folks asking for pictures. Tough guy that could handle double teams. Best term I heard for him was "nose plus" which meant he could play the nose, occupy blocks, and pressure QBs in certain spots.
- Jonnu Smith - Florida International TE - Good size and good hands, but the tight end group is deep.
- Kyle Kalis - Michigan G - Good size for a guard but struggled big time in 11v11s.
- Kareem Hunt - Toledo RB - Fast and a playmaker. Could make a good 3rd down back.
- De'Veon Smith - Michigan RB - Multiple scouts worried about size, and more specifically, small hands.
- Montravius Adams - Auburn DL - Big space eater that wants to rush the passer. Good size.
- Ben Boulware - Clemson LB - Doesn't stand out in drills but seems to find the ball in live action.
- Justin Evans - Texas A&M S - Nose for the ball and brings the wood against the run. Plays downfield, which is his strength, but play action could be trouble with his aggression.
- Tre'Davious White - LSU CB - Best player in Mobile. Likely gone before Skins pick at 17.
- Donnel Pumphrey - San Diego State RB - Record setter in college is really small. Not sure how he projects in pro game. Needs to add significant bulk to his frame.
- Haason Reddick - Temple LB - This guy is flying up Draft boards. Multiple scouts asked me not to write about him because he was their "sleeper." The secret is out. Can get to QB and drop in coverage.
- Tanoh Kpassagnon - Villanova DE - Crazy size, athleticism, and range at 6'7. Explosive off the snap but lacks polish. One coach said good NFL tackles will just push him right past the pocket, using his speed against him, until he learns moves.
Want more Redskins? Check out @JPFinlayCSN for live updates or click here for the #RedskinsTalk Podcast on iTunes, here for Google Play or press play below. Don't forget to subscribe!