The Redskins’ injury situation remained a mixed bag on Wednesday, the team's first day of preparation ahead of Sunday’s pivotal game against the Bucs. Here’s a rundown, beginning with the positive developments:
- Pro Bowl left tackle Trent Williams (concussion) was in pads and participating in individual drills. He missed Sunday's game against the Jets.
- Tight end Jordan Reed (concussion) was in pads and participating in individual drills. He’s been sidelined since getting hurt late against the Eagles. That’s obviously a huge step forward.
- Running back Matt Jones (toe) was in pads and did drills. He told me in New Jersey, where he was sidelined but got in a pregame workout, that he expects to suit up against Tampa Bay.
- Safety Trenton Robinson, who left Sunday’s game with a left sprain, was in pads and practicing during individuals.
- Defensive end Stephen Paea (back) was in pads and practicing. He suited up for Sunday’s game but did not play.
- Running back Chris Thompson (back) worked off to the side with trainers but did not participate in drills.
Now for the not so good news:
- Wide receiver DeSean Jackson (hamstring) was not in pads but did work off to the side with trainers. He did not play Sunday after suffering a setback last Thursday.
- Cornerback Chris Culliver (knee) was not participating. He also missed Sunday’s game against the Jets.
- Center Kory Lichtensteiger (shoulder) was on the field and did some pre-practice stretching. He did not, however, participate in drills. Coach Jay Gruden indicated last week that Lichtensteiger, who was sidelined Sunday, could miss a couple of weeks.
- Defensive end Jason Hatcher appeared to be taking maintenance day, just as he's done in recent weeks.
- Inside linebacker Keenan Robinson (undisclosed) was watching practice. Need to get an update on him.
- DeAngelo Hall (toe) was not on the field during the portion of practice that was open to the media.
Six Redskins starters were sidelined vs. the Jets. The early indication is that there’s a good chance they’ll get back two, maybe three against the Bucs.
Gruden will provide a more thorough update this afternoon.