On Tuesday, 12 months removed from the frightening hit in Dallas that halted his NFL career, former Redskin Kyshoen Jarrett offered an expansive update on how he's recovering. In a tweet that contained four screenshots worth of words, Jarrett gave insight on the injury itself, the dark times he's faced and the continuous healing process he faces every day.
First, the 23-year-old brought up the collision in last season's regular season finale that started him on the path he's currently on.
"I delivered & took a pretty hard hit directly to my neck," he wrote. "From that point on my life seemed to have done a complete 180... What I felt was very unfamiliar, scary, & I panicked."
Jarrett, who was a sixth-round draft pick in 2015 that ended up blossoming into a do-it-all defender for an upstart Redskins team, said the run-in "took life" out of his body. And since then, he's been on an "emotional roller coaster."
MORE REDSKINS: ONE LINE SUMMING UP EACH DEFENSIVE PLAYER'S STATUS
"I've prayed. I've cried. I've been angry," Jarrett said. "I've wanted to fight. I've wanted to call it quits."
The Virginia Tech product said that since that game against the Cowboys, many people have reached out to him on social media asking about if he'll ever take the field again. However, he said that while he understands the passion folks have for the Burgundy and Gold, he wants them to understand that the physical recovery isn't the most crucial part of what he's going through.
"I believe it's the healing internally that's most important," he said. "Understanding if that particular person is doing well spiritually, mentally, & emotionally is 10x more important."
The full message from Jarrett, which can be found below, makes it sound as if he's in a better place than he was in the immediate aftermath of the tackle, and is fully focused on improving his daily life, not making a return to football.