The Redskins enter the upcoming training camp with many new faces joining the team. With that comes more competition and position battles all over the roster.
There are spots on offense and defense that haven't been truly solidified over the past couple of seasons, and with new talent incoming, the opportunities to improve on those weaknesses or add depth are chances the Redskins must take advantage of.
RELATED: PREDICTING REDSKINS TOP 5 TD LEADERS
With that in mind, CSN's Redskins analyst Doc Walker picked the five most crucial training camp battles that'll go down in Richmond this summer on Thursday's edition of Countdown to Training Camp.
Here's what he came up with:
5. Wide receiver depth: "We know what we lost. We know what we acquired. We haven't seen it work together... Our red zone will no longer have minor league players, it will be big time."
4. Running back depth: "I'm not worried about Rock Rob, I'm not worried about Perine, I'm not worried about Marshall or Mack, I'm excited about those two guys... But Mack and/or Marshall, somebody can fill a void because they flat out can go."
3. Defensive ends: "We have got to help Ryan Kerrigan meet at the quarterback...We've got outstanding prospects but we gotta get somebody to come through and be a baller... I foresee Allen down the road being that nickel guy, 'cause he's a natural pass rusher."
2. Free safety: "I love Su'a Cravens as we do this show, I haven't seen him play the position in the NFL... DeAngelo Hall, if he's healthy, we know he can play, but we don't know if he can remain healthy... Su'a Cravens has everything, he just needs time, now he's going to get it."
1. Nose tackle: "We've got four or five freaks of nature, now who's hungry? Who wants to be a badass? That's where we are now, because you can't be effective without a nose tackle."