The West is basically set, while the East still has plenty to sort out ahead of the 2017 NBA Playoffs.
Each of the eight Western Conference playoff teams have been determined, as the Portland Trail Blazers secured a top eight seed on Sunday.
We know seeds 1-3 and 6-8. The only thing left in the West to determine is who gets home court advantage in the 4-5 series between the L.A. Clippers and Utah Jazz, who are currently tied with 49-31 records.
In the East it is much more complicated. There are two playoff spots open and the No. 1 seed has not been clinched.
Here is what we know:
- the Cavs, Celtics, Raptors, Wizards, Hawks and Bucks have clinched playoff spots. The Pacers and Bulls currently hold the seventh and eight seeds, though they haven't clinched.
- the Wizards are locked into the fourth seed
- the Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, Clippers, Jazz, Thunder, Grizzlies and Blazers have clinched playoff spots
- the Warriors will be the No. 1 seed, the Spurs will be No. 2, the Rockets No. 3, the Thunder No. 6, the Grizzlies No. 7 and the Blazers No. 8
Here is what we don't know:
- the last two playoff spots
- which teams will get the 1-3 and 5-8 seeds
- whether the Clippers or Jazz will earn the four seed and therefore have home court advantage in their 4-5 series
Here is what the playoff picture looks like currently:
2017 NBA PLAYOFFS BRACKET PROJECTION
Eastern Conference (As of Monday morning 4/10):
No. 1 Cleveland Cavaliers (51-29) vs. No. 8 Chicago Bulls (39-41)
No. 2 Boston Celtics (51-29) vs. No. 7 Indiana Pacers (40-40)
No. 3 Toronto Raptors (50-31) vs. No. 6 Milwaukee Bucks (41-39)
No. 4 Washington Wizards (48-32) vs. No. 5 Atlanta Hawks (42-38)
Western Conference (As of Monday morning 4/10):
No. 1 Golden State Warriors (66-14) vs. No. 8 Portland Trail Blazers (40-40)
No. 2 San Antonio Spurs (66-14) vs. No. 7 Memphis Grizzlies (43-38)
No. 3 Houston Rockets (54-26) vs. No. 6 Oklahoma City Thunder (46-34)
No. 4 L.A. Clippers (49-31) vs. No. 5 Utah Jazz (49-31)