Here are five - or, actually 10 - plays or moments from the Washington Wizards' 140-135 overtime loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday night at the Verizon Center that are worth revisiting...
1. This game was one of the wildest that the Wizards have played in a long, long time, one that head coach Scott Brooks described as "an instant classic." The Wizards and Cavs traded blow after blow through 53 minutes and Cleveland needed some miracle shots to emerge with the victory. There were far too many moments to go with the usual five, so we picked 10 of them.
The entertainment started early with this dunk by LeBron James on a fastbreak. He soared over Markieff Morris and finished with two hands. Morris even lost his shoe on the play:
LeBron, stronger than everyone else as usual. pic.twitter.com/NMkTJmWpaw— SB Nation NBA (@SBNationNBA) February 7, 2017
2. John Wall had a big dunk of his own soon after. Wall drove and finished with his left hand, as he is prone to do:
3. Jason Smith brought some energy off the Wizards' bench with four points and four rebounds in his first five minutes. He also had this block, which set Wizards Twitter on fire:
4. LeBron set a career-high with 17 assists in the game. This was his best, a perfectly-thrown pass to Kevin Love, who drained a corner three:
it's the best part of the night. your ridiculous lebron pass. pic.twitter.com/hEBPbXZySv— Whitney Medworth (@its_whitney) February 7, 2017
5. Bradley Beal has gotten good at stepback jumpers and on this one sent Iman Shumpert to the X-ray room with an ankle injury:
6. Beal wasn't done there. He ended up with 41 points, including three on this play:
Bradley Beal has 36 wowwwww pic.twitter.com/hnoDkjqqbF— SB Nation NBA (@SBNationNBA) February 7, 2017
Check the celebration. Beal was feeling it:
7. This was the play you will probably see over and over for the next 24 hours. With his team down three late in the fourth, LeBron banked in an impossible fadeaway three to tie it and send the game to overtime:
8. The reactions from Wizards fans to that shot perfectly encapsulated the moment:
We are headed to OT on TNT! pic.twitter.com/F6QALsORpl— NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) February 7, 2017
9. Wall hit some big shots of his own, including this and-1 with 1:37 left in overtime. Once he got up, he did Isaiah Thomas' celebration, pointing to his watch:
10. James ended up fouling out just :47 seconds into overtime. But unfortunately for the Wizards, Kyrie Irving then stepped up and took over. He hit a huge three-pointer to push Cleveland over the top. It was in nearly the same spot he knocked down his famous shot in Game 7 of the NBA Finals:
That shot looked familiar, Kyrie... 👀 pic.twitter.com/jEyFgKUUQN— NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) February 7, 2017
Now, for some memes on your way out:
MORE BREAKING NEWS: BRADLEY BEAL'S STEP-BACK JUMPER.— NBC Sports Wizards (@NBCSWizards) February 7, 2017
WE ARE AT THE SCENE pic.twitter.com/3xWDn45gML
the rare bandwagon trifecta pic.twitter.com/pwauDlCFXZ— NBC Sports Wizards (@NBCSWizards) February 7, 2017
The Wizards' 17-game home winning streak came to an end on Monday night. Next up is the Brooklyn Nets, Wednesday night on CSN.