Here are five plays or moments from the Washington Wizards' 92-85 win over the Denver Nuggets on Thursday night at the Verizon Center that are worth revisiting...
1. Bradley Beal threw down a huge two-handed slam in the first quarter that was set up by John Wall. Wall drove to his left and found Beal in the corner for a would-be three-point attempt, but Beal had other ideas and drove baseline to set up the dunk:
2. Wall is established as one of the best athletes in the NBA, especially at the point guard position. That was demonstrated well by this putback shot in the first quarter:
3. Kelly Oubre, Jr. had another strong night off the bench. He brought energy on both sides of the floor, as evidenced by this steal and fastbreak layup in the fourth quarter:
— NBC Sports Wizards (@NBCSWizards) December 9, 2016
4. The Wizards sealed the victory with hustle plays, including this block of Will Barton by Marcin Gortat. Barton tried to take it to the rim after a steal, but Gortat sent him packing:
5. Then there was this dive by Beal to corral a loose ball, a play that helped put the game on ice: