Here are five plays or moments from the Washington Wizards' 112-107 win over the Indiana Pacers on Friday night at the Verizon Center that are worth revisiting...
1. We start off with by far the most ridiculous highlight of the a night, a play that may not be topped this season by any Wizards player in its pure weirdness. Markieff Morris, who set a season-high 26 points, got two on a dunk attempt that worked, but not in the way he intended.
Morris' dunk bounced off the rim, up and off the top of the backboard, then back into the basket. He couldn't recreate this one if he tried:
2. Now for one of the best passes of the night. Trey Burke got to the rim on a fastbreak, but opted to pass behind two Pacers players to find John Wall streaking towards the hoop. It was a crafty play by the Wizards' guard, who ended up with five assists:
3. Burke also had a sick stepback jumper that he fell down after shooting. He didn't send his defender to the floor like he did against Brooklyn on Wednesday, but it was nice:
4. Burke can pass, but Wall has made a living off of it. Here he found Morris for a corner three after putting a spin move on the Pacers' defense:
5. To cap this off, we have two plays by Jason Smith. The Wizards' backup big man first threw down a monster two-handed dunk:
Then, just moments later he had a big block on the other end:
As mentioned above, Morris had a huge game, so big that teammate Marcin Gortat came up with a new nickname for the Wizards' twin towers, who both came to Washington after playing for the Phoenix Suns:
COMING THIS SPRING— NBC Sports Wizards (@NBCSWizards) February 11, 2017
"PHOENIX OUTLAWS" pic.twitter.com/PpGqjC3HkD
We have a few memes for you on your way out. Here is one showing Paul George of the Pacers on his way home in an AMC Pacer:
vroom vroom back to indiana pic.twitter.com/9fIAXUHAHp— NBC Sports Wizards (@NBCSWizards) February 11, 2017
And lastly, here's a solid meme from the guys at Hoop District:
Breaking: John Wall is good! pic.twitter.com/r1cU6Kn9Tj— Hoop District (@HoopDistrictDC) February 11, 2017
The Wizards' had their 17-game home winning streak broken on Monday by the Cavs. On Friday, they started a new one.
[RELATED: Time To Hop On Wizards Bandwagon?]