Here are five plays or moments from the Washington Wizards' 111-98 win over the Indiana Pacers on Thursday night that are worth revisiting...
1. The Wizards came out on fire once again with 34 points in the first quarter. It was another strong start for John Wall who had five assists in the frame. That's the fourth straight game Wall has had five or more dimes in the first quarter and the 19th time this season overall he's hit that mark.
One of Wall's assist was on a pick-and-roll that ended with this powerful Marcin Gortat dunk:
2. The star of the first quarter, though, was not Wall or Gortat. It was Otto Porter, who hit five threes, including four on four attempts in the first five minutes.
His fifth three came at the buzzer and Porter had to ignore a shot clock malfunction to hit the shot:
Porter finished with six threes to tie a career-high and a game-high 25 points.
3. Bradley Beal had 19 points on 7-for-14 shooting. Two of his points came on this steal and dunk:
Did you catch that smile Beal flashed while hanging on the rim? Here's another look:
y'all thought i shouldn't be an all-star? pic.twitter.com/KJQJ9kxYG8— NBC Sports Wizards (@NBCSWizards) February 17, 2017
4. Porter made most of his money on threes on Thursday night, but his best shot was this circus layup on an and-1. It was absolutely ridiculous:
5. Wall had 20 points, 12 assists and also two blocks, including this one late in the fourth quarter on Rodney Stuckey. Markieff Morris first turned the ball over and Wall bailed him out with this chasedown swat:
Speaking of Wall, here is an honorable mention. Earlier in the game, Wall scored an and-1 over his former Wizards teammate Kevin Seraphin:
Seraphin had quite the facial expression when he watched Wall point to his bicep as he walked past him:
bruh.— NBC Sports Wizards (@NBCSWizards) February 17, 2017
john did that to his former teammate. pic.twitter.com/iFGWpp9coj
All of those plays were great, but this was the moment of the night. Right after the game ended, Wall found two young Wizards fans in the crowd and gave them his jersey.
First, here's the kids dancing on camera:
when the wiz win was so good that you almost forgot your manners. pic.twitter.com/mC4Rwr5rvf— NBC Sports Wizards (@NBCSWizards) February 17, 2017
And here is Wall giving them the jersey:
best.— NBC Sports Wizards (@NBCSWizards) February 17, 2017
That's great stuff.