Here are five plays or moments (and memes) from the Washington Wizards' 105-91 win over the New Orleans Pelicans at the Verizon Center on Saturday night that are worth revisiting...
1. John Wall is having the best season of his career and it continued on Saturday night with 24 points, 13 assists and five steals to lead the Wizards to their 17th straight home victory. Wall was an absolute monster with 11 points in the third quarter alone and some huge shots down the stretch of the fourth to close it out.
Saturday night was all about Wall, so he is featured heavily in this post. Here is his first assist of the game, a no-look toss to Marcin Gortat (12 points, 17 rebounds), who did the rest on Polish Heritage Night:
2. In the last meeting between these teams, Wall put Pelicans superstar and fellow Kentucky alum Anthony Davis on a poster with a vicious dunk. On this play Davis wasn't fast enough to give him the chance to do it again:
3. Here's another Wall assist, this one to Markieff Morris for an alley-oop:
4. Now for those aforementioned big fourth quarter shots. Here is Wall sinking a layup, then beating his chest to a rocking D.C. crowd:
5. Here's another layup by Wall. This time he ran back on defense, got a loose ball and called a timeout. Then, he went back over to the crowd and amped them up even more:
It was a tough night for the Pelicans, who scored just eight points in the fourth quarter. So, as we are apt to do at @CSNWizards, we had some fun at their expense:
That was it for ones directed at the Pelicans. The rest here are moments from the game that were just plain fun. Here is a great sign made by a Wizards fan:
Here's another meme, this one referencing Paul Pierce's comments on Saturday that Isaiah Thomas is "easily the best point guard in the Eastern Conference:"
when somebody says Wall isn't the best PG in the East but you know he averages almost 2 more assists/game than anyone else in the conference pic.twitter.com/FrF39vD8B1— NBC Sports Wizards (@NBCSWizards) February 5, 2017
And. lastly, here is Wall looking towards Monday's game against the top-seeded Cleveland Cavaliers with a simple "it's on" proclamation:
The Wizards have won seven straight, which is their longest winning streak in 12 years. So yes, it is most definitely on.