Wizards

Quick Links

Celtics' Isaiah Thomas not happy with refs after Game 4 loss to Wizards

Celtics' Isaiah Thomas not happy with refs after Game 4 loss to Wizards

Isaiah Thomas expressed his displeasure with the referees after the Celtics' loss in Game 3, saying they couldn't control the game. After a Game 4 loss in which he attempted zero free throws, Thomas again wasn't happy with the officiating. 

In Thomas' view, the refs didn't call it evenly for both sides in either loss.

"I wasn't getting anything here," he said of the two games in D.C. "They were allowing them to be very physical with me coming off ball screens and on pindowns. All I'm saying is that when I tried to be physical with them on the other end, they were fouls. When guys went to the hole and got hit a little bit, they were fouls. When we went to the hole, especially myself, I'm hitting the ground and there's no calls. 

“They were very physical. They were very physical. The refs were allowing them to hold and grab and do all of those things. I think, I mean, especially in that third quarter, I may have hit the ground five or six times. I'm not the one that likes hitting the ground, so like, I think it gotta be called differently. I'm not saying that's the reason why they lost. They went on a 26-0 run. We can't have that on the road, but I cannot allow to be held and grabbed every pin down, every screen and I don't even shoot one free-throw. I play the same way each and every night, that has to change."

[RELATED: Morris has the quote of the year on Wizards blowing out Celtics]

Thomas said the referees are treating the playoff games differently than the regular season and that shouldn't be the case.

"It does get a little frustrating when you continue to play the same way and nothing is being called," he said. "The calls should definitely be a little more even after a season when I might have been in the top five in free throws. I play the same way each and every night."

Thomas had 19 points in the game, but only two in the second half. Not getting to the line clearly affected him, but overall the foul calls were pretty even. The Celtics shot 24 free throws and were called for 25 fouls, while the Wizards shot 27 from the line and had 22 fouls.

[RELATED: Former NBA tough guy Stephen Jackson admires Wizards]

Quick Links

Justin Bieber's new No. 1 album features production from ex-Wizard JaVale McGee

Justin Bieber's new No. 1 album features production from ex-Wizard JaVale McGee

Former Wizard Javale McGee has a well-known reputation in the NBA for his emphatic dunks, and his name is cemented in NBA history with two championships. Now McGee can add a No. 1 album to his list of accomplishments.

McGee, who currently is helping the Los Angeles Lakers maintain the best record in the Western Conference, was listed as a contributor on the song "Available" on Justin Bieber's new hit album “Changes.” 

McGee took advantage of constantly being on the road during his career and began networking with major players in the music industry, before meeting Jason "Poo Bear" Boyd, one of Bieber's producers in 2013.

"I was in the studio with Poo Bear around November of last year," McGee told the New York Times in an article published Friday. "I didn’t know who I was making music for. I was playing some songs and samples and he stopped on this one sample that I had made. He looped it, put it in the computer and we just started writing to it. We ended up writing the whole song, but there were no drums or anything." 

McGee said a few months later when he was speaking with Boyd, he was notified that he was on the album. 

"It was amazing," McGee said. "Justin Bieber is one of the, if not the, top artists out there. So to be able to keep working and produce something for an artist like that is amazing."

Another slam-dunk.

Click here to download the MyTeams App by NBC Sports. Receive comprehensive coverage of your teams and stream Capitals and Wizards games easily from your device.

MORE WIZARDS NEWS:

Quick Links

Report: Los Angeles deputies shared Kobe Bryant crash photos

Report: Los Angeles deputies shared Kobe Bryant crash photos

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Authorities are investigating whether deputies shared graphic photos of the helicopter crash scene where Kobe Bryant, his 13-year-old daughter and seven others were killed, according to a newspaper report.

The Los Angeles Times reported that a public safety source with knowledge of the events had seen one of the photos on the phone of another official in a setting that was not related to the investigation of the crash. He said the photos showed the scene and victims' remains.

The source spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the allegations.

Los Angeles County Sheriff's Deputy Maria Lucero told The Associated Press on Friday that "the matter is being looked into."

The Association for Los Angeles Deputy Sheriffs, the union that represents rank-and-file deputies, did not immediately return requests for comment.

The Times reported that it's unclear how widely the photos might have been disseminated and who was involved. It's additionally unclear whether the deputies had taken the photos themselves or received them from someone else.

Capt. Jorge Valdez, a spokesman for the sheriff's department, said the department had contacted the victims' families because of the newspaper's inquiries.

Bryant and the others were killed in the Jan. 26 helicopter crash northwest of Los Angeles were traveling to a youth basketball tournament at Bryant's sports facility in Thousand Oaks. The cause of the crash is undetermined.

Bryant and his daughter Gianna, whose team was coached by her father, were honored at a public memorial Monday at Staples Center, where Bryant starred for most of his 20-year career with the Los Angeles Lakers.

A report by the National Transportation Safety Board stated there weren't any signs of engine failure from the wreckage recovered from the crash site. The pilot, Ara Zobayan, had nearly navigated the helicopter out of blinding clouds when it turned and plunged into the mountainside.

Bryant's widow, Vanessa, filed a wrongful death lawsuit Monday, alleging that Zobayan was careless and negligent by flying in cloudy conditions and should have aborted the flight. The lawsuit names Island Express Helicopters Inc., operator of the service, and Island Express Holding Corp., owner of the craft. It also targets pilot Ara Zobayan's representative or successor, listed only as "Doe 1" until a name can be determined.

Also killed in the crash were Orange Coast College baseball coach John Altobelli, his wife, Keri, and their daughter Alyssa; Christina Mauser, who helped Bryant coach the girls' basketball team; and Sarah Chester and her daughter Payton. Keri and Payton were Gianna's teammates.