The Wizards' Summer League roster is filling up as additional reports pop up.
- HoopsHype.com's work-in-progress list of summer league rosters includes two names not previously mentioned with Washington: Damion James and Scott Machado
James is familiar seeing as the 6-foot-7 small forward was with the Wizards during last year's training camp. The 2010 first round pick was one of the final cuts as Washington went Rasual Butler.
Machado played six games with the Rockets during the 2012-13 season. The 6-foot-1 point guard averaged 9.9 assists during his senior season at Iona.
[UPDATE - This post initially included Croatian forward Tomislav Zubcic as part of the Wizards' summer league roster, according to HoopsHype. After publishing our story, HoopsHype contacted CSNwashington to say Zubcic, drafted by the Raptors in 2012, was incorrectly listed with Washington. Zubcic will play for Toronto.]
- J. Michael previously reported Maryland guard Dez Wells and NBA veteran guard Rodrigue Beaubois are part of the roster. Wisconsin guard Traveon Jackson also accepted an invitation.
- First round selection Kelly Oubre Jr. (SF, Kansas) is certainly headed to Las Vegas along with second rounder Aaron White (PF, Iowa).
As a reminder, playing for a summer league team does not mean an automatic invitation to training camp - though that might be the case with Wells. The non-draft picks are auditioning for the entire league and could chose to sign elsewhere. On the other hand, the Wizards have a handful of spots open on the regular season roster.
Other summer league roster news:
- Ex-Wizard Chris Singleton reportedly will play for the Magic in the Orlando summer league. Selected 18th by Washington in the 2011 Draft, the small forward spent three seasons with the Wizards, but did not play in the league last year.
- Former Georgetown center Joshua Smith will join the Miami Heat for the Orlando and Las Vegas Summer League. The 6-foot-10, 350-pound big man was not selected in Thursday's NBA Draft, which means he can ultimately join any of the 30 teams. Attending both events means double the chance for him to show off his imposing low post moves, but also means his fitness will be put to the test.
- Another Georgetown product, guard Jabril Trawick, is also part of Orlando Magic's roster. Forward DaJuan Summers, an NBA veteran and member of Georgetown's 2007 Final Four, will play for Indiana, according to Hoopshype.
- Several notable prospects not selected in the 2015 Draft have summer league homes including UNLV PF Christian Wood (Rockets), Washington C Robert Upshaw (Lakers), Duke G Quinn Cook (Thunder) and VCU F Treveon Graham (Spurs).
MORE WIZARDS: HOW WILL THE WIZARDS COMPENSATE FOR PIERCE?