This season's batch of NBA Christmas Day games was revealed Friday, though the complete schedule of games has yet to be announced.
In what has become a Christmas tradition, since the first NBA game played on Christmas Day in 1947, the day will be filled with basketball. A fresh slate of five Dec. 25 matchups went up on Twitter Friday.
2019 NBA Christmas Day Schedule:
(Times still TBD)
- Los Angeles Clippers vs. Los Angeles Lakers
- New Orleans Pelicans at Denver Nuggets
- Boston Celtics at Toronto Raptors
- Milwaukee Bucks at Philadelphia 76ers
- Houston Rockets at Golden State Warriors
Of the five games slated for Christmas Day, the Staples Center matchup between the Lakers and the Clippers teams should prove to be the most intriguing matchup. Based on the latest NBA power rankings, the Clippers and Lakers are both predicted to be among the top-five teams in the league this season.
Washington, D.C., sports fans will note the Wizards' absence for the second consecutive year. It does make sense, as the competitiveness of the Wizards in the 2019-20 season remains unknown, in particular, due to the uncertainties concerning Bradley Beal's contract and John Wall's injury (though Isaiah Thomas's addition to the roster may prompt some hope for Washington).
MORE WIZARDS NEWS:
- 'Catch 23': Jordan's yacht pulls up to Ocean City
- Memed: Beal's viral meme immortalized in NBA 2K20
- Fútbol: Wizards turn to soccer for new med exec