Here are the five plays or moments from the Washington Wizards' 117-113 overtime win over the Miami Heat on Tuesday night that are worth revisiting...
1. The Wizards needed this one. They had lost three straight games, a season-high streak, and risked losing more ground in the East playoff race.
They got it done against the Heat, though, it just took overtime for them to do it. The game ended closely after the start was all Wizards. They built an 18-point first half lead in large part thanks to Bradley Beal, who got hot early with 10 first quarter points. Here is one of the six threes he hit on the night:
Beal finished with a game-high 33 points and seven assists.
2. Here is one of Beal's dimes. He found Ian Mahinmi for a big slam:
PODCAST: GORTAT ON HIS SEASON AND FUTURE
3. This was a tough development for the Wizards. Otto Porter, who has been so good during John Wall's absence, aggravated his right hip. He has dealt with right hip issues in the past and this injury happened on a fluke play.
Porter collided with Dwyane Wade when going for a pass in the fastbreak and his right hip was the casualty:
Otto Porter is day-to-day with a bruised hip after this play 🎬 pic.twitter.com/RTMLzJvkLI— NBC Sports Wizards (@NBCSWizards) March 7, 2018
4. After Porter left the game, Beal kept going strong. This was a beautiful stepback three as the Wizards were trying to hold off Miami in regulation:
5. This was one of the shots that sealed the win. Markieff Morris, who had 16 points and 13 rebounds, hit this corner three and high-fived some fans afterwards:
The Wizards got their swagger back on Tuesday with a big win over the Heat. Now they hope for the best with Porter as they look ahead to the Pelicans on Friday night.