Here are five plays or moments from the Wizards' 109-102 win over the Pacers on Saturday night that are worth revisiting...
1. The Wizards took care of business against the Pacers on Saturday night and in doing so earned an important advantage in the playoff race. They won the season series and therefore own a tiebreaker for playoff seeding and currently that would mean home court advantage in the first round if the playoffs began today.
The Wizards took control early and part of that effort were five first-half assists by Bradley Beal. He ended up with 19 points, but some of his best plays were passes.
On this one, he executed a perfect pick-and-roll with Marcin Gortat:
2. This was another pretty pass to Gortat. Tomas Satoransky, who had 12 points and eight assists, fed Gortat with a nice reach-around pass on a play that featured some impressive ball movement overall:
LOOK AT THE BALL MOVEMENT. pic.twitter.com/TVoPm3o6SF— NBC Sports Wizards (@NBCSWizards) March 18, 2018
3. This was a great moment. The Wizards had a member of the military surprise his niece on the court. She literally did not see it coming:
RELATED: LATEST NBA POWER RANKINGS
4. These last two plays are dunks by Kelly Oubre, Jr., who finished with 16 points. On this play, he cut through the and threw down with authority:
5. This dunk was set up by a beautiful pass from Ramon Sessions. It traveled about three-quarters of the court and Oubre did the rest:
who needs to dribble when you can just throw it down the entire court pic.twitter.com/WaZVjE60h2— NBC Sports Wizards (@NBCSWizards) March 18, 2018
The Wizards now have three days off before their next game as they sit fourth in the Eastern Conference. Things are trending positive for the Wizards as the playoff race heats up.
NBC Sports Washington is on Apple News. Favorite us!