Bobby Portis was traded to the Wizards Thursday night in the deal which sent Otto Porter to the Chicago Bulls. Here's five things you need to know about the 23-year old power forward.
1. A native of Little Rock, Ark., Portis stayed in his home state for college, becoming a Razorback in 2013. In his sophomore campaign, Portis won SEC Player of the Year, averaging 17.5 points and 8.9 rebounds per game.
2. Portis was drafted by the Bulls with the 22nd overall pick in 2015. He had a rather quiet rookie season, scoring just seven points per contest in 62 games, starting only four of them. However, just two years later, Portis was making headlines again, but for all the wrong reasons...
3. On Oct. 17, 2017, Portis got into a physical altercation with teammate Nikola Mirotic during a Bulls practice. Portis landed a punch to Mirotic's face, the European sharpshooter suffering a broken jaw and concussion.
Following the incident, Portis was suspended for the first eight games of the 2017-18 season.
4. Later that season, Portis injured Wizards guard -- and new teammate -- Tomas Satoransky during a game in February. Portis was assessed a flagrant foul 2 and ejected from the game. "I went for the basketball. They called what they called, and you have to live with the result," he said afterward.
5. Statistically, Portis is currently having the best season of his NBA career, averaging 14.1 points and 7.3 rebounds per game, both career-highs. However, he's only appeared in 22 games after missing significant time with an MCL sprain.
MORE WIZARDS NEWS: