July 7 at 8:15 p.m. marked the moment when the Washington Wizards stepped foot off their team plane in Orlando to enter into the Walt Disney World bubble -- the home of the NBA's 2019-20 season restart.
For at least the next 35 days, this is where the Wizards team, minus a few, will call home.
With the help of social media as well as the terrific daily "Wizney World Blog," put together by Wizards Sr. Manager of Digital Content, Zach Rosen, fans across the globe get to get a sneak peek at just what life is like inside of the bubble.
So what have the first 24 hours of quarantine looked like for Washington? Let's dive in.
Wednesday marked a full day of quarantine when the guys had opportunities to spend it just about however they pleased, as long as they logged in for their Zoom meetings and workout sessions.
Not certain of the intensity level of the workouts, but the boys look properly exhausted.
The food accommodations have been the main topic of conversation throughout the NBA community, and rightly so. However, Ish Smtih gave fans his own Master Chef review of dinner and seemed to be fairly content with the execution.
"Don't take this the wrong way but you can't really mess up salad," Smith said. "Now y'all get out of here so I can play Madden."
Here's the full day's menu, courtesy of the Wizney World Blog.
• Assorted breakfast breads with pastries, butter, and jellies
• Seasonal fruit with fresh berries
• Southern-style grits with a side of cheddar cheese, butter, and chives
• Cage-free vegetable egg white frittata with a side of tomato compote
• French toast sticks with maple syrup
• Shredded hash brown patties
• Chicken sausage
• Fresh baked bread and butter
• Mixed green salad with assorted toppings
• Grilled and chilled vegetable salad
• Pita chips and hummus
• Oven-roasted turkey breast, swiss cheese, lettuce, & tomato on an avocado wrap
• Fettucine with chicken and vegetables
• Hamburger with baked sweet potato fries
• Seasonal fresh cut fruit
• Carrot cake
• Fresh garden greens, arugula, watermelon, pickled red onions, goat cheese, and raspberry vinaigrette
• Kale Caesar salad
• Roasted summer vegetables
• Italian grilled chicken with natural jus
• Grilled salmon and rice
• Spaghetti and meatballs
• Fresh baked bread
• Seasonal fresh berries
• Chocolate cake
Video games seem to be the most common way Wizards players are getting through the first day of quarantine.
Forward Admiral Schofield had trouble setting up his gaming system because he left his HDMI cord back home. Luckily, he was able to get his hands on it in no time.
Forgot my hdmi chord.. so hurt😭— Admiral Schofield 🐺 (@admiralelite15) July 8, 2020
Found one !😭 good money‼️— Admiral Schofield 🐺 (@admiralelite15) July 8, 2020
Forward Troy Brown Jr. has also been playing a lot of Call of Duty Warzone but is looking to start an official Orlando Bubble Vlog, so keep an eye out for that in the coming days.
View this post on Instagram
Last week I hopped on Call of Duty & Got to play with my guys 🗣🗣🗣 @e.j02 @allmadden42 @dayyafool @narektovmasyan17 @andrew17shiheiber LOTS OF FUNNY MOMENTS & WON EVERY GAME‼️‼️Please subscribe to my YouTube channel - TroyBrownJr for updates and more gameplay 🎮 Who’s trying to play next?? 🤔👀
Thinking about do a vlog for the bubble 🧐 can’t decide tho— Troy Brown Jr (@Troy_Brown33) July 8, 2020
Stay connected to the Wizards with the MyTeams app. Click here to download for comprehensive coverage of your teams.
MORE WIZARDS NEWS:
- Wait, what?: Top reactions from the bubble
- Ish Smith: Fan of Disney World
- Hell no': Stephen A. Smith on Wizards in NBA restart