The Washington Wizards announced their theme night and promotional schedule for the 2019-2020 season on Thursday, headlined by a new City Edition jersey and Thomas Bryant Bobblehead night.
Washington will unveil new City Edition jerseys on Nov. 15 and wear them for the first time against the Philadelphia 76ers on Dec. 5. The Wizards will also sport a new Statement jersey, with a District of Colombia logo coming along with it.
On Dec. 15, the Wizards will give fans an all new stylish "Rep the District" T-shirt agaisnst the Chicago Bulls.
The Wizards are looking to put out a new wave of youth and exciting prospects to compete with hungry veterans for next season. Healthwise, the point guard position could end up being the most important area on the court for Washington to find success.
For the home opener, fans will receive magnet schedules to post on their fridges when the Houston Rockets come to town on Oct. 30. Bryant's bobblehead will be given out for Fan Appreciation night on April 15 when the Wizards host the Indiana Pacers at the Capital One Arena.
The Wizards will also have several heritage nights to celebrate some of the NBA's international stars and their ethnicities.
For the outlook of the season, these themes and promotional nights may be the only draw for some fans depending on how the first couple of months go. With a plethora of injuries to date, the youth of the Wizards will surely have more opportunities to show what they can do early in the season.
Full Promotional Schedule:
- Wednesday, Oct. 30, Houston Rockets, magnet schedule
- Friday, Nov. 8, Cleveland Cavaliers, Military Night
- Wednesday, Nov. 27, Phoenix Suns, unveiling of new City Edition jerseys
- Thursday, Dec. 5, Philadelphia 76ers, first time wearing new City Edition jerseys
- Wednesday, Dec. 18, Chicago Bulls, Rep the District T-shirt
- Sunday, Jan. 12, Utah Jazz, Kids Day /French Heritage Night
- Monday, Jan. 20, Detriot Pistons, Martin Luther King Jr. Night
- Thursday, Jan. 30, Charlotte Hornets, Chinese New Year Celebration
- Friday, Feb. 7, Dallas Mavericks, Latvian and Slovenian Heritage Night
- Tuesday, Feb. 11, Chicago Bulls, Hispanic Heritage Night
- Friday, March 6, Atlanta Hawks, Pride Night
- Sunday, March 8, Miami Heat, International Women's Night
- Sunday, March 15, Oklahoma City Thunder, team mascot G-Wiz's birthday
- Saturday, March 21, Milwuakee Bucks, Greek Heritage Night
- Wednesday, March 25, Phoenix Suns, National Cherry Blossom Festival Night
- Wednesday, April 15, Indiana Pacers, Thomas Bryant Bobblehead
MORE WIZARDS NEWS: