Programming note: Watch the re-air of Tim Lincecum's first no-hitter against the Padres tonight at 8 PT on NBC Sports Bay Area.
For Giants fans, hearing Duane Kuiper and Mike Krukow call a game is a comforting thing.
But on July 13, 2013, Kruk and Kuip weren't together for Tim Lincecum's first career no-hitter against the San Diego Padres.
They were both in Petco Park to witness history, but because the game was on NBC Bay Area rather than NBC Sports Bay Area that night, they were separated.
"Well, you know, Mike and I are together 80 percent of the time, and the other 20 percent, Mike is with Jon [Miller] on KNTV," Kuiper told Amy G in an interview on Monday. "So, that was one of those KNTV games where Mike and Jon actually had the call on TV and Dave [Fleming] and I had it on the radio. So it was a bit unusual not having Mike sitting next to me because it's always great to have a pitcher next to you when a guy is throwing a no-hitter because you get a great perspective as to what's going on."
[RELATED: Five nuggets about Lincecum's no-hitter]
NBC Sports Bay Area is re-airing Lincecum's no-hitter Monday night, and while both broadcasters will be watching, they will be doing it separately due to social distancing caused by the global coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.