Chase extended his hitting streak last night to 33 games with a single in the first. The Phillies website actually has a somewhat entertaining piece on Chase and his streak.
The superstitious Utley won't utter a word about the streak, or any
streak-related topics. While in the teens and early 20s, Utley's
response was typically, "I can't hear you," but now that has evolved
into humorous answers about the weather or the team's starting pitcher
-- if he answers at all.
"He's the guy who you can depend on and leads on and off the field,"
Geary said. "He knows what to do and when to do it. I've always said
it's either fight or flight. He's a fighter and he doesn't run away
from anything. He'll attack that situation until he's conquered it."
After some depressing stuff about the Phillies yesterday, Chase brings some excitement to this town. He is chasing one of the most legendary records in all of sports. But even without that, he is the kind of guy you want to watch every night.
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
There have been some tremendous covers of Leonard Cohen's masterpiece, "Hallelujah," over the years.
Jeff Buckley's immediately comes to mind. The kids these days are into Pentatonix. Kate McKinnon as Hillary Clinton to cold open SNL was a work of art.
But one Philadelphia Eagles fan may have recorded the most beautiful, heart-wrenching version yet. It's a tribute to recently fallen hero of Philadelphia, Carson Wentz.
You may be suspect before you click and watch, but wait 'til you hear the lyrics. This refrain will absolutely sell you:
He goes through his reads, the 4th, the 5th
Does a spin, makes the lineman miss
He throws to Ertz, a touchdown - hallelujah!
Brings a tear to the eye. Miss you, Carson.