An interesting scoop from the Philadelphia Business Journal today who was at an event with Sixers CEO Adam Aron and learned about some coming changes to the Sixers road and alternate uniform colors. Lyn Kremer explains the change:
I walked away with a sports business scoop. And that is, according to Aron, the 76ers home uniform has always been white, while on the road the team wore red, with blue as an alternate. From this point forward, blue is going to be the official road shirt, with red as the alternate.
Not exactly earth shattering to switch from one existing jersey to another existing jersey, but it will certainly be noticable. And this new ownership loves to talk about the storied tradition of the franchise. This is clearly a step in a different direction, albeit a minor cosmetic one.
Who wants to bet Adam Aron has some research done on fans of teams with blue jerseys getting less angry about awful tweets than fans of teams with red jerseys? For real though, there has to be some data-driven reason for this. I'll bet you a dollar. Two-to-one odds.
[h/t Nick Waters]
Position Title: Intern
Company: NBC Sports Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
CAMDEN, N.J. -- The first matchup between the oversized point guards will have to wait.
Ben Simmons will not face off against Giannis Antetokounmpo, who is sidelined because of soreness in his right knee, in the Sixers' Saturday evening game against the Bucks. Antetokounmpo is averaging 28.2 points, 10.1 rebounds, 4.6 assists and 1.3 blocks per game this season.
That’s not the only absence.
Jerryd Bayless, who had started in place of JJ Redick (leg), is out with a sore left wrist. Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot gets the nod at shooting guard.
“It’s another opportunity to show up and make some shots and prove that I can do that,” Luwawu-Cabarrot said at shootaround, also noting he has to play tough defense on Eric Bledsoe (17.7 points per game).
Reigning Rookie of the Year Malcolm Brogdon will also miss the game because of a personal matter, per the Journal Sentinel. Brogdon beat out Joel Embiid and Dario Saric for the award last season.
Markelle Fultz (right shoulder) remains out. He worked on free throws, driving drills, and knocked down a jumper in the portion of shootaround available to the media.