Discuss: Blackhawks push series to Game 6
Published May 25, 2013 06:57 PM
After hitting their biggest wall of 2013 at an inopportune time, the Chicago Blackhawks sure looked like the NHL’s top team in Game 5 on Saturday, as they overwhelmed the Detroit Red Wings 4-1.
Let’s chat about the contest.
- The 45-25 shot differential might be a little misleading, as it was just 28-22 in favor of Chicago going into the third. Was the game as lopsided as the 4-1 score implies?
- It’s obviously “a series again,” to use typical sports terminology. While it’s not literally the case, should the Red Wings look at a Game 6 in Joe Louis Arena as a “must-win”?
- Jonathan Toews finally found the net for his first goal of the postseason. Is he primed for a big finish to this series?
- Brent Seabrook looked much better in Game 5 after finding himself in the doghouse in Game 4. Does he have his game back together?
- Jimmy Howard was excellent, yet the Blackhawks eventually overwhelmed him and the rest of the Red Wings. Can he steal one more for Detroit or is he out of magic?
- What kind of game do you expect on Monday? Will it be a tight, defensive-minded affair or could it be a high-scoring contest?
- Most importantly, of course: will we hear “Chelsea Dagger” again during this postseason? That goal song never gets old.