Skip navigation
Favorites
Sign up to follow your favorites on all your devices.
Sign up
Odds by

Rotoworld

  • CIN 3rd Baseman #28
    Personalize your Rotoworld feed by favoriting players
    Eugenio Suárez (oblique) will begin a minor league rehab assignment on Wednesday.
    Reds manager Terry Francona confirmed Suárez will head out on a rehab assignment after spending a couple weeks recovering from a left oblique strain that put him on the shelf back on April 25. The 34-year-old veteran slugger will need a handful of contests to knock off some rust and get back up to speed prior to returning to Cincinnati’s lineup, most likely early next week.
  • CIN 3rd Baseman #28
    Eugenio Suárez (oblique) underwent an MRI on Friday that showed significant improvement, according to Reds manager Terry Francona.
    Suárez was cleared to resume hitting, and took roughly 50 swings on Friday. He should be ready for minor league rehab games at some point soon. The 34-year-old veteran slugger hit the injured list with a left oblique strain back on April 25. He should make it back to Cincinnati by the end of the month.
  • CIN 3rd Baseman #28
    Eugenio Suárez will undergo an MRI on Friday to check on the progress of his oblique strain.
    Suárez, who said he’s been swinging at 60-70 percent, is hoping to be cleared to begin activities at full strength. “I hope I start doing more on the field tomorrow, like BP, fielding with my team,” Suárez said. “I feel very well doing my stuff here. We have to make sure it’s healing really well to do it 100 percent.”
  • CIN 3rd Baseman #28
    Reds placed 3B Eugenio Suárez on the 10-day injured list, retroactive to April 24, with a left oblique strain.
    It’s officially a mild oblique strain, according to a team statement, which gives Suárez a real shot at returning to Cincinnati’s lineup when first eligible in early May. However, oblique injuries can be tricky and often carry a risk of recurrence if not managed carefully. The 34-year-old power-hitting corner infielder has gotten off to a slow start by his lofty standards, hitting .231/.300/.363 with three homers and 11 RBI through 25 games this season.
  • CIN 3rd Baseman #28
    Reds’ manager Terry Francona told reporters after Friday’s victory over the Tigers that Eugenio Suárez will be placed on the injured list on Saturday with a low-grade oblique strain.
    Initially it was reported that the 34-year-old slugger was being held out of the lineup on Friday due to mid back pain, but it’s actually the dreaded oblique that he’s dealing with. The Reds are hopeful that he’ll only have to miss a couple of weeks’ worth of action. It’s unclear what the corresponding move will be on Saturday, though it could mean the return of Noelvi Marte from Triple-A Louisville.
  • CIN 3rd Baseman #28
    Eugenio Suárez was held out of the Reds’ starting lineup on Friday night due to pain in his mid back.
    It doesn’t sound like anything overly concerning, so the 34-year-old slugger should be considered day-to-day. Ke’Bryan Hayes will man the hot corner and bat ninth for the Reds while Nathaniel Lowe functions as the designated hitter against Framber Valdez and the Tigers on Friday evening in Cincinnati.
  • CIN 3rd Baseman #28
    Eugenio Suárez went 2-for-4 with a double and two RBI on Friday night, propelling the Reds to a 2-1 victory over the Twins in Minnesota.
    Suárez broke a scoreless tie in the fourth inning with a two-run double off of Twins’ right-hander Joe Ryan. That would be the extent of the scoring for the Reds in the ballgame, but that’s all Brandon Williamson and company would require. Suárez is off to a nice start in his return to the Reds this season, slashing .257/.333/.414 with three homers and 11 RBI.
  • CIN 3rd Baseman #28
    Eugenio Suárez went 3-for-4 with a solo homer on Wednesday in a win over the Giants.
    Suárez hasn’t made a ton of noise in his return to Cincinnati so far. That may start to change as the weather begins to turn. The 34-year-old slugger took Tyler Mahle deep, going back-to-back with rookie sensation Sal Stewart in the opening frame, for his third round-tripper of the season as part of a three-hit effort.
  • CIN 3rd Baseman #28
    Eugenio Suárez went 1-for-2 with a two-run home run in a loss to the Pirates on Wednesday.
    Suárez started the day on the bench, but then the Pirates went to left-hander Mason Montgomery out of the bullpen, Suárez entered the game, and hit a 410-foot home run that left the bat at 107.3 mph. It was Suárez’s second home run of the season to go along with six RBIs.
  • CIN 3rd Baseman #28
    Eugenio Suárez is not in the lineup on Wednesday against the Pirates. It’s
    It’s just a routine day off for the veteran with a day game after a night game. Nathaniel Lowe will start in his place at designated hitter and draws a tough assignment with Paul Skenes pitching for the Pirates.