Skip navigation
Favorites
Sign up to follow your favorites on all your devices.
Sign up
Odds by

Rotoworld

  • CIN 3rd Baseman #43
    Personalize your Rotoworld feed by favoriting players
    Reds’ manager Terry Francona told reporters on Sunday that Sal Stewart will focus primarily on playing first base during spring training.
    He’ll also mix in at second base, with the intention that he would slide over there on days when Matt McLain is off or Elly De La Cruz is off and McLain moves over to shortstop. Francona wants the majority of Stewart’s emphasis this spring though to be at first base. As long as his bat finds its way into the Reds’ lineup on a regular basis, fantasy managers won’t care where he’s lined up defensively.
  • CIN Outfield #4
    Reds manager Terry Francona said he might want someone else hitting second this year because Noelvi Marte “struggled so bad against lefties” last season.
    Francona seems committed to keeping TJ Friedl first and Elly De La Cruz third ahead of new cleanup man Eugenio Suárez. That means the No. 2 hitter pretty much has to be a righty. Marte is one, but he hit just .232/.288/.274 against lefties last season, compared to .275/.305/.516 against righties. There isn’t much reason to think that’s something that will stick going forward, but it might mean Marte hits fifth or sixth going forward. Sal Stewart seems like the best alternative to Marte, but it’ll probably take Francona some time to warm up to that idea. Matt McLain might get his old spot back if he has a nice spring.
  • FA 3rd Baseman #28
    Jeff Passan of ESPN reports that the Reds have reached an agreement to reunite with free agent third baseman Eugenio Suárez on a one-year, $15 million contract.
    The deal also includes a $16 million mutual option for the 2027 season. The 34-year-old slugger previously played for the Reds from 2015-2021. He clobbered 49 home runs and drove in 118 runs in 657 plate appearances between the Diamondbacks and Mariners in 2025 despite slashing an underwhelming .228/.298/.526. His arrival could push Sal Stewart out of an everyday role to start the season.
  • CIN 3rd Baseman #43
    Sal Stewart spent the offseason getting in better shape and will compete for a starting role during spring training.
    Stewart has reportedly lost over 20 pounds this offseason and is expected to focus primarily on playing first base this spring with defensive stalwart Ke’Bryan Hayes occupying the hot corner in Cincinnati. The 22-year-old power-hitting prospect has a chance to be an immediate four-category impact fantasy producer after slashing a robust .309/.383/.524 with 20 homers and 17 steals in 494 plate appearances between Double-A Dayton and Triple-A Louisville last season. He’ll compete with incumbent Spencer Steer for the starting job at first base but there’s a clear path to everyday at-bats at DH after the Reds jettisoned Gavin Lux earlier this month. Stewart projects as an immediate 20-homer, 10-steal threat, which makes him an intriguing late-round selection in fantasy drafts this spring. He’s a top-20 overall prospect for dynasty purposes.
    Konnor Griffin and Kevin McGonigle headline the next wave of prospects set to reach the majors in 2026.
  • TB Right Fielder #15
    The Angels are acquiring Josh Lowe from the Rays in a three-team trade that will send Gavin Lux from the Reds to the Rays, Chris Clark from the Angels to the Rays and Brock Burke from the Angels to the Reds, sources told ESPN’s Jeff Passan.
    The Rays would seem to be giving up some upside here, but the 27-year-old Lowe just hasn’t shown the same ability the last two years that he did in 2023. In his place comes Lux, who showed very little power last year but can provide on-base ability and fit at second. This trade seems like good news for Chandler Simpson, as a left-handed bat has been removed from the outfield mix. It’s also good for Sal Stewart in Cincinnati, not that Stewart really should have been blocked by Lux for infield or DH at-bats. Lowe will probably get to step in as the Angels’ center fielder against right-handers, and he still might have some mixed-league value with his stolen base ability.
  • CIN Shortstop #44
    The Reds are sticking with Elly De La Cruz at shortstop next season, according to general manager Nick Krall.
    Krall told MLB.com’s Mark Sheldon that the organization has no plans to move De La Cruz off shortstop despite the dynamic 23-year-old leading the majors in errors during each of the past two seasons. Cincinnati has shortstop prospect Edwin Arroyo on the verge of ascending to the big leagues, but it sounds like the plan is to transition him to another spot eventually. The Reds are going to have another roster logjam on their hands at some point next year — barring an offseason overhaul — with top prospect Sal Stewart ready to join the big-league corner infield mix.
  • CIN 3rd Baseman #43
    Sal Stewart went 2-for-4 and knocked in three of the Reds’ four runs Wednesday in Game 2 against the Dodgers.
    Not bad for a rookie deemed unworthy of starting the first game of the series. We don’t know that the Reds will play any additional postseason games these next few years, but if they do, we’re pretty sure Stewart will be in the lineup for any and every one of them.
  • CIN 3rd Baseman #43
    Sal Stewart is at first base and batting fifth in Wednesday’s pivotal Game 2 matchup against the Dodgers.
    Stewart will get an opportunity in the heart of Cincinnati’s lineup to face Dodgers co-ace Yoshinobu Yamamoto after coming off the bench during the late stages of Tuesday’s series opener. The 21-year-old top prospect adds some serious thunder to the middle of the order in a win-or-go-home spot for the Reds after homering five times in 18 regular-season contests after being called up in early September. Here’s the full lineup: TJ Friedl (CF), Spencer Steer (LF), Gavin Lux (DH), Austin Hays (RF), Stewart (1B), Elly De La Cruz (SS), Tyler Stephenson (C), Ke’Bryan Hayes (3B) and Matt McLain (2B).
  • CIN 3rd Baseman #43
    Sal Stewart went 2-for-4 with a homer and two RBI on Saturday night as the Reds defeated the Brewers 7-4 to keep pace with the Mets in the race for the final Wild Card berth in the National League.
    Stewart opened the scoring in the ballgame with an RBI single off of Robert Gasser in the third inning that plated Noelvi Marte. He then crushed a 387-foot (102.3 mph EV) solo shot off of Grant Anderson in the sixth inning that increased the Reds’ lead to 7-2. The 21-year-old slugger has done a nice job in his limited time with the Reds, slashing .255/.293/.545 with five homers and eight RBI in only 58 plate appearances.
  • CIN Left Fielder #12
    Austin Hays (back) remains out of the lineup for the sixth consecutive game on Saturday against the Brewers.
    Spencer Steer heads out to left field with top prospect Sal Stewart covering first base with Hays still out of the lineup due to a lingering back issue. The 30-year-old corner outfielder hasn’t played since last weekend. It’s a pivotal matchup for the Reds as they control their own destiny for the final NL Wild Card playoff spot heading into the final weekend of the regular season.