6 unique paint schemes celebrate SpongeBob SquarePants for this weekend’s NASCAR races in Kansas
This is a big weekend for NASCAR and Nickelodeon animated series SpongeBob SquarePants at Kansas Speedway.
The two entities will come together in both Saturday night’s SpongeBob SquarePants 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup race, as well as Friday night’s Toyota Tundra 250 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series event.
Six drivers will sport SpongeBob paint schemes – five in the Cup race and one in the Truck race.
“I grew up watching episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants on Nickelodeon, so you can imagine it’s pretty cool to have Plankton on our Chevrolet SS,” said NASCAR Xfinity Series points leader Ty Dillon, who will drive the No. 33 Plankton Chevrolet SS in Saturday’s Cup race. “Nickelodeon is all about kids and having fun and I look forward to having some fun with the Nickelodeon characters and their guests at the race track this weekend.”
Dillon will be making his fourth career Sprint Cup Series start and his career debut at the 1.5-mile speedway.
Here’s the entire lineup of the six drivers that will be sporting SpongeBob paint schemes.
* David Ragan, driving the No. 55 Aarons/SpongeBob SquarePants Toyota Camry.
* Greg Biffle, driving the No. 16 Cheez-It/ Patrick Star Ford Fusion.
* Casey Mears, driving the No. 13 Squidward Tentacles Chevrolet SS.
* Michael McDowell, driving the No. 95 WRL/Larry the Lobster Ford Fusion.
* Ty Dillon, driving the No. 33 Plankton Chevrolet SS.
* Ben Kennedy, driving the No. 11 Local Motors/SpongeBob SquarePants Toyota Tundra in Friday’s Camping World Truck Series race.
Bubba Wallace drove a SpongeBob-themed Ford Mustang in the May 2 Xfinity Series race at Talladega.