NASCAR America: Cassill, Kligerman have eyes on Iowa
With the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series taking Father’s Day off, all eyes are focused on Iowa Speedway this weekend.
Parker Kligerman and Landon Cassill took time in the opening segment of Thursday’s edition of NASCAR America to handicap the Xfinity race at Iowa and here is some of what they had to say:
- On Daniel Hemric: “The chances (of winning) are really high. We’ve watched Daniel Hemric come so close in the last year and a half or so – and he’s run very competitively in that 21 car. … His chances going to Iowa are great, but it’s really going to come down to whether Richard Childress Racing has improved their program; have they made (the cars) better on short track.” - Kligerman
- On Ryan Truex: “He feels like it’s really just the team finding his feel for the car. I think he didn’t anticipate the transition from the down force of the trucks have and how much you can lean into driving a truck to the Xfinity cars – and the down force coming off those cars and sliding around a little bit more.” – Cassill
- On Ross Chastain: “Week in and week out, we see this team just over-perform. They find themselves running in the top 10, beating cars that have massively larger budgets.” – Kligerman
- On Christopher Bell: “I have my eye on Christopher Bell this weekend as someone who is probably going to be favorite off the truck on Friday to win this race. He won at Richmond – a very similar track; similar setup.” – Cassill
- On Elliott Sadler: “Just keep doing what he’s doing. Because they’re just very competitive. Think about how close they were t beating his teammate to the line at Dover earlier this year when they came banging doors across the line.” – Kligerman
Cole Custer and Justin Allgaier were also profiled.
For more, watch the video above.