What Can We Help You With?
Need help? Email us at email@example.com
Getting Started (top)
Q: What do I need to watch video on NBCSports.com/Live
A: In order to watch any video on NBCSports.com/Live, you must have recent browser that supports HTML5 Media Source Extensions (MSE) and for certain events you must install the latest version of Adobe® Flash®.
Q: What is required for access to view "Live Streaming" video content?
A: You can access live streams of EVERY NBC Sports event on NBC & NBCSN by authenticating with a cable, satellite, telco or live streaming TV subscription that includes NBCSN. There is no additional charge for this service, simply login to NBC Sports using the Username and Password you use on your providers website. If you do not have, or do not know your Login information, please contact your service provider.
Q: Why is authentication being required?
A: Authentication supports our ongoing investment in sports programming for all of our platforms and is consistent with industry trends. Digital platforms require significant investment, and authentication allows us to capture the value of that investment, which in turn allows us to continue to provide cable/satellite/telco/live streaming service customers with high-quality sports coverage wherever and whenever they want at no additional cost. Of course, NBC Sports continues to make premier live sporting events and other sports programming available to all viewers on free over-the-air television through the NBC broadcast network.
Q: What are the minimum web browser and/or hardware requirements for viewing video on NBCSports.com/Live
A: Minimum Web Browser Compatibility:
- Windows 10 Edge
- macOS 10.12.6 and above
- Windows/macOS Chrome 61 and above
- Windows/macOS Firefox 56 and above
- iOS 11 Safari and above
- iOS 11 Chrome and above
- Android 7 Chrome 61 and above
- Android 8 Chrome 61 and above
Minimum Internet Compatibility:
- Broadband connection with 10+ Mbps
Supported Connected Devices:
- Apple TV
- Fire TV
- Win 10, Xbox One
- 2016 Samsung Tizen Smart TV
Q: What will be the minimum and optimal operating system requirements for using the Mobile and Tablet Applications?
- OS Version 8+
- iPad 2+
- iPad Air 1+
- iPad Mini 1+
- iPhone 4S+
- Version 4.1 Jellybean
Q: Is video on NBCSports.com/Live available in HD?
A: Yes, this online content is available in HD.
Q: Can we watch video on NBCSports.com/Live outside of the United States?
A: Due to broadcasting regulations, NBC is only allowed to show NBC Sports content on the internet in the United States and U.S. Territories. Users outside of these locations will still be able to access an extensive set of non-event video content on NBCSports.com.
Q: Is it possible to watch the video in full screen?
A: Yes, you can click on the 'full screen' button that is located on the lower right corner of the video player control bar.
Q: What is "Live Streaming" video content?
A: NBCSports.com/Live and its mobile/tablet applications will be the exclusive sources in the U.S. for LIVE video coverage of sports that NBC, NBCSN broadcasts. For details regarding access to live streaming content, click here.
Q: What is Adobe® Flash®?
A: Adobe® Flash® Player is a cross-platform, browser plugin that provides uncompromised viewing of applications, content, and videos across browsers and operating systems, such as the content you will view on NBCSports.com/Live. You can learn more about Adobe® Flash® at www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer.html
Q: Will I have to restart my browser after installing Adobe® Flash®?
A: Some users will be prompted to restart their browsers if they are upgrading from a previous version of Adobe® Flash®. In most cases, users will not have to restart their web browsers after installing Adobe® Flash® Player.
Q: How do I uninstall Adobe® Flash®?
A: See the Adobe® Flash® support page by clicking here
Q: Can I watch NBC Sports video content on my mobile device?
A: You can watch live events within our Live Streaming application. For more information, check out all of our mobile and tablet application offerings here: https://www.nbcsports.com/mobile.
Q: Is there an NBC Sports Mobile or Tablet Application available?
A: Yes, there are two applications available for download on your iPhone, iPod touch or Android handheld device and your iPad or Android tablet device. To see our full mobile application offerings, please check out this link: https://www.nbcsports.com/mobile
Q: How do I unlock access to the live video coverage in the NBC Sports App?
A: To access content on NBC Sports you will just need to verify your cable, satellite or telco TV subscription that includes NBCSN. There is no additional charge for this service, simply log in to NBC Sports using the Username and Password you use on your provider's website. If you do not have, or do not know your Login information contact your service provider.
Q: Will there be a cost to download the NBC Sports App?
A: No, all of the mobile and tablet offerings for NBC Sports will be free.
Q: What do I do when the video doesn't start and is showing a spinner or black screen, or an error message.
A: Try the following steps:
- Refresh your browser
- Upgrade your browser (Older browsers might not be offering you the premium in speed and security to view this content).
- If you would like the best viewing experience, we recommend that you upgrade to the most recent version of your browser. You can select from the following supported browsers:
Q: The video stops playing completely.
A: Try the following steps:
- Refresh your browser.
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies. If the browser you're using or a page you're viewing is displaying problems, try to clear the browser's cache. If that doesn't fix the problem, try to clear the browser's cookies.
Q: I cannot hear any audio.
A: Try the following steps:
- 1. Refresh your browser.
- 2. If refreshing didn't help, try the following:
- 2a.Adjust the volume control on your computer and speakers.
- 2b.Adjust the volume control located in the lower left corner of the Player.
- 2c. Restart your internet browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.)
- 2d.Ensure that the volume is turned up on other video players, such as Quicktime, Real Player, or Windows Media player, as this might affect the video player sound.
Q: My video is choppy or it keeps buffering.
A: Try the following steps:
- 1. Refresh your browser
- 2. Quit your browser application entirely and all other unnecessary applications running on your computer, then restart your browser. Avoid using multiple tabs.
- 3. If using wireless internet (WiFi), connect directly to your modem or router with an Ethernet cable.
Q: I have run the Adobe® Flash® installation program several times but the website is asking me to install again; what do I do?
A: Some users will not be able to upgrade Adobe® Flash® due to their OS settings. If you are seeing this issue then you should follow these steps:
- 1. Uninstall Adobe® Flash® as described by this Adobe® Flash® support page:
- 2. Restart your computer
- 3. Visit https://www.nbcsports.com/live
- 3a. Click on any of the videos
- 4. When prompted, install Adobe® Flash® again
- 5. When installation is complete, restart your browser
- 6. Return to https://www.nbcsports.com/live
Q: I am experiencing issues playing video, does it matter that I have blocked 3rd party cookies?
A: Yes, you will need to unblock 3rd party cookies, in order to view video. In current versions of Firefox, for instance, follow these steps:
- 1. In the Firefox menu bar, go to Tools > Options
- 2. In the Options screen, select Privacy
- 3. Make sure that both "Accept cookies from sites" and "Accept third-party cookies" are checked.
- 4. In the "Keep until:" drop-down, select either "they expire" or "I close Firefox"
- 5. Click OK to close the Options screen.
- 6. Force-reload the page by doing Shift-Reload (Hold down the Shift key on the keyboard, while clicking the Reload button in the browser's button bar.)
- 7. The videos should now play successfully
Q: In the NBC Sports Application, the video on my device keeps buffering or is of poor quality. How can I fix this?
A: Watching video is available via a 3G or 4G/LTE connection, but to experience the highest quality of video, connect to a WiFi signal. You can also improve your video quality by making sure you have installed the latest operating system onto your device.
Q: When I load the NBC Sports Mobile and Tablet Applications, an error message displays saying I do not have a data connection. What does this mean?
A: If you are receiving an error message stating there is no data connection, make sure you are connected to a 3G, 4G/LTE or WiFi network. You can check the status of your connection in the Settings section of your device. Note: If your device is in "Airplane Mode", you will not have a data connection and will need to turn the setting off. Video will work with 3G or 4G/LTE connection, however, to experience best video quality connect to WIFI network when available.