Today is the day. It’s draft day. The best non-November-thru-April day on the college basketball calendar. Today is the day when the guys we’ve dissected analyzed and critiqued for the past year will learn of their professional fates.
It’s also the one day every year that we are reminded of Adam Silver’s existence.
Yeah, I said it.
- Today, we start with some primers and stories about the guys who may not get drafted. Some of them might, but others won’t. Why do you need to catch up on these guys? because if/when Marcus Denmon gets drafted in the second round, and your friend sitting next to you goes “Who the hell is Marcus Denmon?”, you can
slap him upside the head brief him on the sharpshooter’s upsides and limitations.
- Some more guys to catch up on: Wisconsin’s Jordan Taylor. Louisville’s Kyle Kuric. Pittsburgh’s Ashton Gibbs. Georgetown’s Hollis Thompson. Oregon State’s Jared Cunningham. Kansas’ Tyshawn Taylor. Penn’s Zack Rosen. Mississippi State’s Renardo Sidney
- Jeff Eisenberg breaks down the list of BCS-conference teams that have gone the longest without having a player drafted
- Eamonn Brennan provides our stone-cold-lead-pipe-lock Must-Read-Of-The-Day: A look at the draft if the prospects were measured solely by collegiate production
- Eamonn had himself a great Wednesday. Once you’ve finished the read-of-the-day, make sure you read about the summer league for college stars
- Kentucky could set a record tonight if all six prospects get drafted. But will all six find NBA success? Rush The Court provides evidence that suggests otherwise
- Everybody has an opinion on the “one-and-done” rule. But does anybody have an alternative method? Jason King and Dana O’Neil do
- A nifty pre-draft Q&A session with North Carolina center Tyler Zeller
- Incoming SDSU freshman Winston Shepard got busted for marijuana by campus police. Yup, a guy who is not yet a freshman got busted by guy who is not yet a cop
- South Carolina head coach Frank Martin (Who, BTW, is a fascinating follow on Twitter) attempted to one-up John Calipari’s mega-trolling message to all the haters
- I guess Utah didn’t enjoy losing 25 of their 31 games last season. Why? Just look at who they’ve lined up to play in 2012-2013. The Utes wanted to schedule a home-opener against the @CBTonNBC crew, but the KenPom predicted winning percentage wasn’t high enough for their liking