2018 Gold Glove Award finalists announced
Major League Baseball has announced the finalists for each position in each league for the 2018 Rawlings Gold Glove Awards. Here they are:
- AL: Cory Kluber (Indians), Dallas Keuchel (Astros), Masahiro Tanaka (Yankees)
- NL: Julio Teheran (Braves), Zack Greinke (Diamondbacks), Clayton Richard (Padres)
- AL: Yan Gomes (Indians), Martín Maldonado (Astros), Salvador Pérez (Royals)
- NL: Buster Posey (Giants), Yadier Molina (Cardinals), Manny Piña (Brewers)
- AL: Justin Smoak (Blue Jays), Matt Olson (Athletics), Mitch Moreland (Red Sox)
- NL: Joey Votto (Reds), Freddie Freeman (Braves), Anthony Rizzo (Cubs)
- AL: Jed Lowrie (Athletics), Ian Kinsler (Red Sox), Rougned Odor (Rangers)
- NL: DJ LeMahieu (Rockies), Kolten Wong (Cardinals), Javier Báez (Cubs)
- AL: Alex Bregman (Astros), José Ramírez (Indians), Matt Chapman (Athletics)
- NL: Nolan Arenado (Rockies), Anthony Rendon (Nationals), Travis Shaw (Brewers)
- AL: Marcus Semien (Athletics), Andrelton Simmons (Angels), Francisco Lindor (Indians)
- NL: Freddy Galvis (Padres), Brandon Crawford (Giants), Nick Ahmed (Diamondbacks)
- AL: Brett Gardner (Yankees), Alex Gordon (Royals), Andrew Benintendi (Red Sox)
- NL: Christian Yelich (Brewers), Corey Dickerson (Pirates), Adam Duvall (Braves)
- AL: Adam Engel (White Sox), Mike Trout (Angels), Jackie Bradley, Jr. (Red Sox)
- NL: Billy Hamilton (Reds), Lorenzo Cain (Brewers), Ender Inciarte (Braves)
- AL: Kole Calhoun (Angels), Mookie Betts (Red Sox), Aaron Judge (Yankees)
- NL: Jon Jay (Diamondbacks), Jason Heyward (Cubs), Nick Markakis (Braves)
It’s quite interesting to note that some teams were very heavily represented. The Athletics’ entire infield was nominated, as were the outfields of the Red Sox and Braves.
There are also quite a few familiar faces. Last year’s winners who could win another one this year include Maldonado, Simmons, Gordon, and Betts in the AL; Greinke, LeMahieu, Arenado, Crawford, Inciarte, and Heyward in the NL.
The winners of the 2018 Gold Glove Awards will be announced on November 4.