Potent quotables: Sweet Lou turns sour
''You’re not a player! You’re a piece of sh--!’'
- Lou Pinella has had just about enough of Milton Bradley.
“That was awesome. We made him pissed. That’s not too hard to do.”
- Ozzie Guillen throws in his two cents about Friday’s Pinella-Bradley incident.
“I kind of figured that.”
- Ryan Ludwick reacts to being out of the lineup again on Saturday. On the heels of a breakthrough 2008 season, Ludwick is batting just .226 so far in 2009, including a .178 mark this month.
“As a pitcher, you know you have a no-hitter. Whoever says they don’t, it’s a lie. You know you have it. It was pretty cool to be a part of it.”
- Ricky Romero talks about holding the Phillies hitless over the first six innings on Friday night. The rookie southpaw’s no-hit bid was broken up by a Chase Utley leadoff single in the seventh.
“When I got traded [last] July, it was a surprise, because I thought I was going to be there until the end of the season. When that happened, he called me to the office and wished me the best. He almost cried when he talked to me. For me, that’s something I’ll never forget. He talked to me as if I was his son when that happened.”
- Ivan Rodriguez recalls Jim Leyland’s reaction after the catcher was traded to the Yankees last season. Rodriguez and Leyland were reunited when the Astros and Tigers kicked off a weekend series in Houston.