NASCAR Friday schedule at Phoenix Raceway
NASCAR Cup Series drivers are scheduled to drive their first laps Friday using the new short track package intended to enhance competition.
A 50-minute practice session is on the schedule Friday at Phoenix Raceway in advance of Saturday qualifying and Sunday’s 312-mile race.
The changes include a 2-inch rear spoiler (down from 4 inches) and adjustments to various engine panel components underneath the car with a goal of reducing downforce. The new package is scheduled to be used at the Charlotte Roval, the Chicago street course, Circuit of the Americas, the Indianapolis road course, Martinsville, New Hampshire, North Wilkesboro, Phoenix, Richmond, Sonoma and Watkins Glen.
Friday: Partly to mostly cloudy. High of 81.
Friday, March 10
(All times Eastern)
- 11 a.m. -- ARCA garage opens
- 3 - 8 p.m. -- Xfinity Series
- 3:30 - 10 p.m. -- Cup Series
- 5 - 5:45 p.m. -- ARCA practice
- 6 - 6:20 p.m. -- ARCA qualifying
- 6:35 -7:25 p.m. -- Cup Series practice (FS2)
- 8 p.m. -- ARCA race (150 laps, 150 miles/FS2)