The Colts have not decided who will back up Daniel Jones this season with the competition between Riley Leonard and Anthony Richardson continuing through the rest of the preseason.
“Yeah, I don’t have a timetable on that,” coach Shane Steichen said Thursday, via Nathan Brown of the Indy Star. “I’m going to let that thing play out. Like I said, we’ve got two more weeks. We’ve got this preseason game. We’ve got practice, all that stuff and then we’ll see where it goes.”
The Colts have made it a fair competition between Richardson, a first-round pick in 2023, and Leonard, a sixth-round pick in 2025. On Saturday, Leonard will lead the second-team offense in the first half.
Richardson, who started last week, will play with the third team in the second half.
Daniel Jones is not expected to play in the preseason, so Leonard and Richardson will get another game to battle for the job.
“I thought they both had a good camp,” Steichen said of Richardson and Leonard. “I mean, there were some ups and downs, but I think you saw flashes of both of them, which was really exciting.”