Whether he truly negotiated it on his own or with the direct involvement of Saint Omni, a representative not certified by the NFL Players Association, Texans tackle Laremy Tunsil got a solid deal from the Texans.
Here are the details, per a source with knowledge of the terms.
1. Signing bonus: $30 million.
2. 2023 base salary: $2 million, fully guaranteed.
3. 2024 base salary: $18 million, fully guaranteed at signing.
4. 2025 base salary: $20.95 million, $10 million of which is guaranteed for injury at signing and which becomes fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the 2024 league year.
6. 2026 base salary: $20.95 million.
The deal includes annual workout bonuses of $150,000, and annual per-game roster bonuses maxing out at $250,000 per year.
The deal payout out $50 million fully guaranteed at signing, with a practical guarantee of $60 million.
Characterized as a three-year, $75 million extension, it’s a four-year deal with a value from signing of $23.375 million per year, given that Tunsil already was due to make $18.5 million this year.