Report: James Harrison definitely playing in 2016
Steelers outside linebacker James Harrison will be back for another season, Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Tuesday.
Bouchette wrote that although Harrison has made nothing official, “he’s coming back and everything he’s said points to that.” Earlier Tuesday, Harrison responded to a tweet about whether or not he planned to play from Steelers teammate Ramon Foster by writing, “I can’t say for sure but it’s looking good for the home team!”
Harrison’s agent, Bill Parise, told Bouchette that “nothing has changed” and “it’s a long way until August.”
A five-time Pro Bowler and the 2008 NFL Defensive Player of the Year, Harrison turns 38 in May. He had previously said he needed to see how his body responded to his offseason training program, and though Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert has said he expects Harrison to be back, the team’s stance has been there’s no rush for a final answer.
Harrison is under contract for 2016 at $1.5 million.