Lucas Duda also claims to have been given food poisoning from Shake Shack at Citi Field
Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg lost six pounds in two days, and blamed it on a hamburger he ate this past weekend at the Mets’ Citi Field. Now he has a corroborator, and it’s someone from the home team.
Mets first baseman Lucas Duda had to be hospitalized on Friday because of an upset stomach and told Danny Knobler of ESPN New York that he believes the cause was an under-cooked burger at that same Shake Shack, which draws long lines to the center field concourse every game and is often praised for its high-quality food.
A Mets official told Knobler that an investigation is underway. And here’s a statement from Shake Shack senior marketing manager Greg Waters:
To be fair: If this were a common, major issue, the place probably wouldn’t get such great reviews.