Michael Jordan to present late Kobe Bryant at Hall of Fame enshrinement
Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant shared a special bond.
That’s why Bryant once chose Jordan (or Phil Jackson) as his ideal presenter into the Hall of Fame.
After Bryant tragically became the rare all-time great to die before getting enshrined in the Hall of Fame, there could be nobody else. Michael Jordan – the greatest player of all time – will present the late Kobe Bryant as a member of the Hall of Fame.
All 2020 inductees with their presenters (Hall of Fame class) for the May 15 ceremony:
- Kobe Bryant: Michael Jordan (2009)
- Tim Duncan: David Robinson (2009)
- Kevin Garnett: Isiah Thomas (2000)
- Rudy Tomjanovich: Calvin Murphy (1993) and Hakeem Olajuwon (2008)
- Eddie Sutton: John Calipari (2015), Bill Self (2017) and Sidney Moncrief (2019)
- Tamika Catchings: Alonzo Mourning (2014) and Dawn Staley (2013)
- Kim Mulkey: Michael Jordan (2009)
- Patrick Baumann: Russ Granik (2013) and Vlade Divac (2019)
- Barbara Stevens: Geno Auriemma (2006) and Muffet McGraw (2017)
Having established Hall of Famers present new members might be the very best thing the Basketball Hall of Fame does. It’s a wonderful way to link the sport’s generations.
Jordan presenting Bryant will be particularly special.