Top 10 highest-paid players in the world revealed
A list of the top 10 highest-paid soccer players in the world has been revealed, as a study looked into salaries and endorsement deals for the top players on the planet.
The sums are eye-watering and are based on earnings for the 2022-23 season.
[ MORE: How to watch Premier League in USA ]
There are a few surprising names high up on this list but the usual suspects are still up there as their superstar status remains intact. Both on the pitch and when it comes to deals off it.
Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar are all the wrong side of 30 but continue to dominate this list, while there are a few emerging stars muscling their way into the top 10. The main takeaway is that there is a huge drop-off after the top four names on this list.
Sports business website Sportico have come up with the list and below is a full breakdown of who is earning what.
Top 10 highest-paid soccer players in the world (September, 2022)
1. Kylian Mbappe = $125 million total ($105 million salary + $20 million endorsements)
2. Cristiano Ronaldo = $113 million ($53 million salary + $60 million endorsements)
3. Lionel Messi = $110 million ($62 million salary + $48 million endorsements)
4. Neymar = $91 million ($56 million salary + $35 million endorsements)
5. Mohamed Salah = $39.5 million ($24.5 million salary + $15 million endorsements)
6. Eden Hazard = $31.3 million ($28.6 million salary + $2.5 million endorsements)
7. Andres Iniesta = $30 million ($23 million salary + $7 million endorsements)
8. Raheem Sterling = $29.4 million ($21.4 million salary + $8 million endorsements)
9. Kevin de Bruyne = $29 million ($25.5 million salary + $3.5 million endorsements)
10. Antoine Griezmann = $27.5 million ($22 million salary + $5.5 million endorsements)