Pregame Shootaround: An old Big Ten rivalry is the one to watch on a slow Sunday
GAME OF THE DAY: Indiana at Illinois, 1:00 p.m.
With only 18 games happening on a football-dominated Sunday, this Big Ten rivalry takes the main stage. Indiana (13-4, 3-1) has won two consecutive home games by three points each and this road game should be a solid test for the Hoosiers. Since losing senior guard Rayvonte Rice to injury, Illinois is 2-1 in the league, including a home win over a tough Maryland team. At 12-6, 2-3, the Illini could really use another home win to get back to .500 in the conference as they try to fight on without Rice.
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH FOR:
- Oregon traveling to Washington makes for an intriguing nightcap in the Pac-12. The Huskies are struggling to a 1-3 start in conference play and Oregon is coming off of a bad road overtime loss to Washington State. The Ducks don’t want to be swept in the Washington Pac-12 swing.
- No. 15 North Carolina is the highest ranked team to play Sunday as they host Virginia Tech. Let’s see if the Tar Heels run away with this one early or play to the level of their competition.
- The other ranked team to play Sunday is No. 23 Northern Iowa as they host Missouri State. The Panthers have a loss at Evansville, but they’re trying to stay perfect to stay close to Wichita State in the Valley.
- St. John’s travels to DePaul for the day’s only Big East game. The Red Storm are looking to bounce back from the 0-3 conference start with their second straight win while DePaul has been surprisingly good at home this season.
- NBCSN will have an Atlantic 10 showdown on Sunday as two middle-of-the-pack teams look to separate themselves with a win:
- St. Joseph’s at St. Bonaventure, 2:30 p.m.
OTHER GAMES TO WATCH
- Boise State at New Mexico, 6:00 p.m.
- Loyola (IL) at Southern Illinois, 6:05 p.m.