Coronavirus pandemic forces Mountain West Conference to go to a virtual Media Days
The Mountain West Conference has the “honor” of being the first league to have its football gabfest affected. They certainly, though, won’t be the last.
The Mountain West Conference had originally been scheduled to hold its Football Media Days at under-construction SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, Calif. The event was to take place over two days, July 16-17.
Yesterday, however, it was reported that a third construction had tested positive for the coronavirus. Coincidence or not, the Mountain West Conference on Wednesday announced that its Media Days will now be virtual instead of in-person.
Further details will be released at a later time.
From the conference’s release:
SoFi Stadium, incidentally, is set to play host to a new college football bowl game this season.
As for other FBS conference’s Media Days? Those are still to be determined. Below, though, are the currently-scheduled for each FBS league:
- AAC -- July 13-14, Newport, Rhode Island
- ACC -- July 22-23, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Big Ten -- July 22-23, Chicago, Ilinois
- Big 12 -- July 20-21, Arlington, Texas
- Conference USA -- July 22-23, Frisco, Texas
- MAC -- July 20-21, Detroit, Michigan
- Pac-12 -- July 29, Los Angeles, California
- SEC -- July 13-16, Atlanta, Georgia
- Sun Belt -- July 28-29, New Orleans, Louisiana