NASCAR Friday schedule at Circuit of the Americas
NASCAR’s new Cup Series aerodynamic package for short tracks and road courses will be tested in competition on a road circuit for the first time this weekend as the tour stops at Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas.
All three major national series will be in action at the 3.41-mile, 20-turn track this weekend. The schedule begins Friday with practice for all three series and qualifying for Xfinity and Trucks.
The Friday practice was added for Cup teams because of the new competition package, providing 50 minutes of on-track time for adjustments. Teams also will be racing with a new tire compound this weekend.
Chase Elliott (2021) and Ross Chastain (2022) are winners from the previous Cup races at COTA. Elliott won the inaugural event in a race shortened by rain, and Chastain won after a last-lap battle with AJ Allmendinger and Alex Bowman. The victory was Chastain’s first in the series.
A look at Friday’s schedule:
Circuit of the Americas (Cup, Xfinity and Truck)
Friday: Thunderstorms in the morning. Mostly sunny later. High of 87 with an 80% chance of rain.
Friday, March 24
(All times Eastern)
- 11 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. -- Cup Series
- 11:30 a.m. .- 6:30 p.m. -- Truck Series
- 1:30 - 8:30 p.m. -- Xfinity Series
- 2:05 - 2:55 p.m. -- Cup practice (No live broadcast; tape-delayed version airing at 8 p.m. on FS1)
- 4:30 - 5 p.m. -- Truck practice (No live broadcast)
- 5 - 6 p.m. -- Truck qualifying (No live broadcast; tape-delayed version airing at 9 p.m. on FS1)
- 6:30 - 7 p.m. -- Xfinity practice (FS1)
- 7 - 8 p.m. -- Xfinity qualifying (FS1)