Watch LIVE: NASCAR America at 5 pm ET: Kevin Harvick, Brian France and IndyCar schedule
Today’s episode of NASCAR America airs for an hour beginning 5 pm ET on NBCSN and includes one-on-one interviews with Kevin Harvick and Jeff Gordon.
Krista Voda hosts with Kyle Petty from our Stamford (Conn.) studio and will be joined by Jeff Burton from Burton’s Garage.
On today’s episode:
· NASCAR released a statement this morning that Kevin Harvick will not be penalized post-Talladega. In addition, Stewart-Haas, owner of Harvick’s car, will not receive penalties for work that had to be done to all 4 of their team cars prior to qualifying. NASCAR Talk’s Nate Ryan weighs in from the NASCAR Hall of Fame, where Media Day for the Round of 8 is taking place.
· Despite all the chaos, Kevin Harvick has moved on to the Round of 8. Dave Burns spoke with Harvick from the Media Day in Charlotte this afternoon.
· Kelli Stavast speaks with the driver who took the last spot heading into the Round of 8, Kyle Busch and a driver who has won eight times at Martinsville, Jeff Gordon.
· Joey Logano’s teammate at Team Penske is also through to the Round of 8. Dave Burns spoke with Brad Keselowski earlier this afternoon.
· NASCAR chairman Brian France calls into the show.
· CEO of IndyCar, Mark Miles, joins NASCAR America in time to discuss the lengthening of the IndyCar schedule.