Wednesday And-1 links: Should Bynum be frustrated with the Lakers?
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like 3-year-olds like to throw tantrums.
• If Andrew Bynum was frustrated with the Lakers right now and was thinking about seeing what was out there next summer, could you blame him? They have left him dangling a long time with the Howard trade. That said, Bynum is a guy motivated by money and the fact the Lakers (or whoever has his rights) can offer more will be a big factor when he becomes a free agent next summer.
• Speaking of being motivated by money, the Pistons confirmed they are likely to put ads on jerseys as soon as they work out a deal.
• If you were watching Team USA today and thought Aussie Joe Ingles looked like somebody who could play in the NBA, know some NBA GMs were thinking the same thing, according to ESPN’s Marc Stein.
• Syracuse head man and Team USA assistant coach Jim Boeheim talks about all things Team USA.
• Arron Afflalo is spending his summer trying to improve his offensive game.
• The Utah Jazz are reopening talks with Josh Howard.
• Has Kris Joseph played well enough this summer to earn the 15th spot on the Celtics roster.
• Jeff Green talks about his return to the Celtics.
• Daniel Orton has gotten a Thunder camp invite.
• We knew this was coming, but C.J. Miles made it official and put pen to paper signing with the Cavaliers today.
• Steve Nash talks again about leaving Phoenix and going to the Lakers.
• Blake Griffin is going to be educating America’s youth on Sesame Street again.
• Timberwolves second round pick Robbie Hummel has signed with the Spanish club Obradoiro.