Skip navigation
Sign up to follow your favorites on all your devices.
Sign up
View All Scores

Millwall stun Everton with classic FA Cup comeback (video)

Millwall v Everton - FA Cup Fourth Round

LONDON, ENGLAND - JANUARY 26: Murray Wallace of Millwall scores the winning goal during the FA Cup Fourth Round match between Millwall and Everton at The Den on January 26, 2019 in London, United Kingdom. (Photo by Marc Atkins/Getty Images)

Getty Images

Millwall beat Everton 3-2 in a dramatic FA Cup fourth round tie at The New Den on Saturday, as the second-tier side made it five wins on the spin at home against top-flight opponents.

[ MORE: FA Cup 4th round wrap ]

Murray Wallace scored the winner with the final chance of the game, as Millwall fought back to win after being 2-1 down with 18 minutes to go.

Marco Silva’s poor run in charge of Everton continues, as the Portuguese coach was miserable at the final whistle following the controversial defeat.

Everton took the lead in the first half through Richarlison, who saw a shot from distance squirm in as the rain poured down in south London.

It was the first shot on goal from either team.

Just when Everton thought they would go in ahead at half time they switched off from a set piece, which was to become the theme of the day for the Toffees.

Lee Gregory beat Lucas Digne to nod home and make it 1-1 at the break.

In the second half the game ebbed and flowed as Everton tried to force the issue but Millwall were always dangerous from set pieces.

Everton substitute Cenk Tosun put them 2-1 up in the 72nd minute with a fine low finish.

But two minutes later a hugely controversial moment arrived.

Another set piece from the right was only half cleared and the ball hit Jake Cooper on the arm before going in to make it 2-2.

With no Video Assistant Referee (VAR) system in place, the goal stood even though replays shown on screens inside the stadium proved it had hit Cooper’s arm.

Everton’s players were furious and didn’t recover, as Millwall then won it deep into stoppage time.

A free kick into the box dropped down for Wallace and he controlled before firing him to send the home fans wild.

Follow @JPW_NBCSports