Pregame Shootaround: An Atlantic 10 battle for first and two marquee Big 12 games
Game of the Night: George Washington at No. 14 VCU, 7:00 p.m.
The two best teams in the Atlantic 10 will square off tonight in Richmond. VCU has reeled off 11 consecutive wins after a rough start to the season, sitting all alone in first place in the conference with an undefeated mark. But George Washington has proven over the last two years that they are going to be relevant in the title race. They beat the Rams in DC last season, but they’ve struggled with slow starts on the road this year. The good news for the Colonials is they have a veteran back court that isn’t going to get rattled by Havoc.
Who’s Getting Upset?: No. 17 West Virginia at Kansas State, 7:00 p.m.
West Virginia has been dubbed Press Virginia this season, as they’ve become the most devastatingly effective pressing team in the country. But the Mountaineers have been inconsistent this season -- they were blown out by Texas and nearly lost to TCU in overtime in their last two games -- while the Wildcats have bounced back from a hideous start to their season. Every game in the Big 12 is a big game this year, and this is no different.
Five Things to Watch For
1. Xavier at No. 21 Georgetown, 7:00 p.m.: Georgetown has consistently proven to be a team deserving on mention in the top 25, and they finally picked up a statement win by knocking off Villanova last week. Xavier’s talented, but they struggled on the road.
2. Nebraska at Michigan, 7:00 p.m.: Two of the Big Ten’s most disappointing teams double as two teams that need to put together a winning streak as badly as anyone.
3. Tulsa at Tulane, 7:00 p.m.: Tulsa is still 7-0 in the American. How long will this run last, and when can we call them the favorite to win the league?
4. No. 20 Baylor at Oklahoma State, 9:00 p.m.: Just another night in the Big 12, ain’t it?
5. Colorado State at Boise State, 11:00 p.m.: The Broncos are the hottest team in the Mountain West, and Derrick Marks has been the best player in the league over the last two weeks. Can the Rams slow them down?
- Florida at Alabama, 9:00 p.m.
- Fresno State at San Diego State, 9:00 p.m.
- Tennessee at Arkansas, 9:00 p.m.
- Texas A&M at Auburn, 9:00 p.m.
- Wyoming at Utah State, 9:00 p.m.