Pregame Shootaround: Kentucky hits the road, key bubble action in the SEC
Game of the Night: No. 1 Kentucky at Tennessee, 7:00 p.m.
Tennessee is a tough, scrappy team that plays as hard as anyone in the SEC and isn’t afraid to use a full-court press. They’ll be playing at home on a night where the state is still trying to dig out from an ice storm that blew through on Monday, which caused the Wildcats to have to get into town a day early. Will UK show up ready to play?
Who’s Getting Upset?: No. 20 Baylor at Texas Tech, 7:00 p.m.
The Bears jumped out to a great start at Kansas before losing their lead and falling at Kansas. Tonight they’ll be going up against a Texas Tech team that has notched a couple of upsets in Lubbock this season. Will there be a hangover?
Five Things to Watch For
1. Texas at No. 17 Oklahoma, 9:00 p.m.: The Longhorns have been one of the more disappointing teams in the country, but they have looked like they’re starting to hit their stride. Oklahoma is coming off of another loss to Kansas State.
2. St. John’s at Georgetown, 7:00 p.m.: In January, this looked like a much more intriguing matchup. But in the last month, both the Johnnies and the Hoyas have hit a rough patch in Big East play. St. John’s has a lot more on the line than Georgetown tonight.
3. South Carolina at Georgia, 9:00 p.m.: Losing to Auburn at home last week has put Georgia squarely on the bubble.
4. Michigan State at Michigan, 9:00 p.m.: The Wolverines have been ravaged by injury this season, but rivalry games never, ever go as planned.
5. LSU at Texas A&M, 9:00 p.m.: Bubble games in the SEC don’t get bigger than this.
- Wake Forest at No. 10 Notre Dame, 7:00 p.m.
- San Diego State at New Mexico, 9:30 p.m.
- Wyoming at Nevada, 10:00 p.m.